Monday, July 11, 2011

my most useful mnemonic device

Hey Internets!

Just a quick post. I am working on a better post which is a photo recap of our life the last few months. I have yet to report on my folks coming or 4th of July or anything else of interest, yeah?

For now, for many of my LDS friends, I need help. My good friend Sarah and I came up with an excellent mnemonic device in college to help us remember all the living prophets. Here goes:

HMPPHFMNOBWSHHE

How many people play hockey for money? No one, because winter sports have hockey enthusiasts.

Hickley Monson Packer Perry Haight Faust Maxwell Nelson Oaks Ballard Wirthlin Scott Hales Holland Eyring

There you go. But... we have a problem in that in the last 10 years since this mnemonic device was created, 5 or 6 of these letters have passed away and been replaced with new letters. Including the all important "hockey" and "money" people.

Now we need a device for:

MPPNOBSHHEUBCCA

Monson Packer Perry Nelson Oaks Ballard Scott Hales Holland Eyring Uchtdorf Bednar Cook Christofferson Andersen

Here are some tries....
  • My pretty parrot Nellie once blew smoke (holy hot!); everyone understood blowing created chaos always.
  • Mother pretty please no one believes stories Holly Hobby endured unending bedroom confinement (and) cuddling abuse.
  • Most people purchase, not one but several hundred, handkerchiefs, especially until blue Christmas carols adjourn.
Ok that was a valiant effort. Anyone want to give it a try?

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Sorry, but it seems easier to just remember their names. :)

Christi said...

I finally caught up on your blog! I've been out of mine for so long. Great posts! Hope you are feeling well.