Saturday, December 3, 2011

testing the new camera on santa

Got a Canon A2200. I felt good about it when I tested it at Best Buy, but now not so sure. Sigh. Just hoping for something that catches my son's smiles before it's too late. (That was the big big big reason I hated the Nikon. The delay was too much. I missed everything.)

The best pic here is blurry... darn indoor lighting.







Wesley has officially asked Santa for a "big long firetruck." Shane and I are milking the Santa thing for all it's worth, as in "Wesley you need to listen to Mom and Dad; Santa doesn't bring firetrucks to little boys who don't listen," and "Wesley, make a good choice, so you can be a good boy and Santa will bring you a firetruck," etc. We have stooped to a new low. It only marginally works.

Christmas is here!


PS in case you're wondering.... the green turtleneck was a bad idea. Wesley TOTALLY has an oral fixation right now. It is INSANE and I cannot handle it. Toys, hands, clothes, everything goes into his mouth. Urgh. He has even bitten us -- both me and Shane. It hurts like heck. He doesn't do it to be vengeful, he just gets so darn excited he can't contain himself and then BAM, bites us. Sheesh. We're worried. Any advice is welcome. So that is why the shirt is soaked from being sucked on.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Awe, Wes man is so cute! As for the biting, that must be a Twining thing. Ruby is doing it too! Now with us, but with things like Cascade Gel Packs. She loves biting and eating soap. I called poison control for the first time today. It's so scary. She ate the soap, then cried and threw up. Worst part, it was at another friends house during play group. During play groups I need to do less talking, and more watching my crazy smart, but curious toddler!!!

Leslie said...

*Not* with us. Oops.

Christi said...

I'm finally catching up on your blog - and mine! I feel I haven't REALLY chatted with you since you first found out you were prego, I swear! I'm so glad baby will be here today, and the house looks amazing! Fully furnished??? Rock on! Hugs to you, girl. I'll be anxiously waiting for news today!