Thursday, September 20, 2012

musical anomalies

So, this has happened to me twice lately, so here I blog about it.

First, listen to the beginning (or all) of this video. Picture the person you think is singing.


I picture the singer as this reggae black guy with dreads. I'm not sure why. Well, maybe it is because this band, Fun, their other song is called We Are Young, and for a loooong time I was convinced he was Tracy Chapman, because the song (here) reminds me a ton of this song (here). Just listen to the first couple lines.

I definitely don't picture a skinny white kid. In fact, when I saw a screenshot of the actual video (below), I had to watch it just to see what person is behind that crazy voice.

Now watch the actual video:


SERIOUSLY. That guy is talented.

Here's the second example:


Wesley and Laurel and I loooooooove this song. We put it on and dance dance dance (shuffle). But it's crazy! THESE ARE GROWN MEN WITH CRAZY HAIR AND REGULAR JEANS ON, and they are dancing like THAT?????  When I attempt to dance like how they dance (and I do), I am a sweaty mess in three minutes flat. LOVE this song.

Musical anomalies. Make no sense.

3 comments:

Daddio said...

Civil War?

Janelle said...

I still think you're a little whacko for thinking that it Fun. sounds like either a black guy with dreads or like Tracy Chapman. I think they have a completely unique sound, nothing like either of the two you got them mixed up with.

:)

Daddio said...

I have heard these on AltNation (channel 36) on the XM ...