Monday, November 18, 2013

birthday

Welp, I'm another year older. Today's the day. 

Here was the coolest part:


Yup, Google knows everything and they spy on you. (Just kidding. Maybe.) It's technology. But this was the coolest little surprise today. 

I'm sorta in the middle of a crazy life crisis and have been quiet here on the blogosphere. I don't want to get totally into it, but here's the jist:  I no longer want to pressure myself into achieving unattainable perfection. I am who I am, and I am tired of feeling guilty for my quirks. So, this year, I vow to take the pressure off myself to be less crazy, and I'm going to embrace the great things about me -- crazy as they are. Sure I can still feel pressure to lose 20 pounds (that would feel good, right?), but the other small things that I sweat that have now transferred to my children being stressed out? Not gonna happen. I'm letting it go.

So strangely, in the midst of a crisis with much to feel busy about (kindergarten, house cleaning, stake calling, exercise, busy time for work, planning baby birthday party, christmas, impending elbow surgery, yardwork, ETC), it was a pretty cool day and I feel allright. 

Bring it on, year 33. I'm ready. 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hope you had a great birthday! :)