Wednesday, November 11, 2009

freedom isn't free

Today, I am thankful for veterans. That's all. I don't have anything motivational or inspirational to say, but I am glad they fought for my right to be free. We live in an amazing country, and I owe every right and privilege I have to any given soldier through the years who was willing to fight for me, for my way of life.

I think I'm going to call my Grandpa. He served in World War II. He doesn't like talking about it, and he doesn't have to, but I want to thank him.

I hope you thank a veteran today, too.

P.S. I never spell the world privilege right on the first try. It's just one of those words!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

My grandpa served on a boat in the South Pacific in WWII and he would never talk about it either. In fact, when he died, my dad refused to put mention of it on his tombstone - I'm not sure what the deal was...