Wednesday, September 15, 2010

first haircut

Yesterday was an emotional day for me... my little baby is indeed a toddler slash little boy who was rocking the toddler mullet. It was time for a haircut.

We decided to visit Bella & Max at Bothell's Country Village; I had heard from some friends that it's the best around. It's a cute small business, a "boutique" that sells specialty clothes and toys, plus the salon in the back.

The Country Village is fun... there's a rooster that roams around the "campus" and crows whenever he wants. It was pretty funny to hear "cock a doodle do!" while I was parking.


Here's my little man, in the waiting room with an US Magazine. You can see how long his hair is in the back.


He got to sit in a Blue Angel (the other options were a pink Cadillac and a black race car, I think). He is wearing a "magic cape" and holding some trains from their train table that I had to pull him away from earlier.


Miss Allison worked her magic... It was easy since Wesley was glued to the TV. She says sometimes 4-year-old kids come in and scream and scream. He didn't cry once. He did have a kinda "what the heck is going on?" look on his face the whole time, but he was fine with it. I'm the only one who shed a (small) tear.




They even used little clippers on him! Wow!


All his little hairs. Sigh. Allison did give me a few in a baggie. I think when I was a kid my Grandma showed me some of my dad's hairs or something, and I thought it was so weird. Now that I'm a momma, however, oh those little hairs are so precious!


Each haircut comes with a free train ride, so we did that, too. Wesley held my hand the whole time. The train is loud and kinda bumpy, but it was fun. It goes all around the Country Village.





There are also several really fun play structures, like a pirate ship and this retro merry-go-round carousel. Wesley picked a horse (or two) and had a blast.




It was a great morning! And now my sweet little Wesley looks a little bit more grown up. Sigh....

5 comments:

Danielle said...

It IS funny how emotional a haircut can be for the momma, isn't it? It gets easier for you (and sometimes harder for the kid) though after awhile. Nathan didn't cry the first time but now he kinda freaks out a little. Usually now I just send him to the barber shop nearby with Jason and they get haircuts side by side. It's like a manly-bonding thing involving a sucker and a trip to the comic book store afterward. :)

Daddio said...

You are correct, my mother saved some locks of my hair from my first haircut. I've seen them a time or 2 ...

I was going to ask if you saved any, and it appears that you did! :)

Julia said...

It's crazy how fast the kiddos grow up! He's a cute one!

Marianne Hales Harding said...

How totally fun! Our baby's-first-haircut wasn't nearly so glorious!

Christi said...

I knew he looked extra handsome the other day at my house! What a sweetie. He was so cheery. He kept saying "happy" to me, so I was assuming he was very happy to be playing with all of his buddies. I haven't had time to check your blog in a while. Glad to finally catch up! And congrats on Wes counting to 10...a big step indeed!