Wednesday, January 4, 2012

make that nine...

A belated Happy Anniversary post to my sweet husband. We marked nine years on January 2.

We had considered eating out (the Macaroni Grill sent me a coupon for a free dessert!!), but with the new baby the idea kinda fizzled. Interestingly, we did end up having a candlelit dinner -- because our power went out!! I was halfway through assembling some bell pepper quesadillas (with the oven already preheated, luckily enough), when we lost all power during a HUGE wind/rainstorm. I knew exactly where my huge box of candles was amongst all the storage boxes in the garage, and luckily I also knew where two boxes of matches were. I was able to make a few quesadillas and stick them in the oven so they got a smidge toasty, then we ate by candelight.

Wesley thought the power outage was LOADS of fun. I was bummed about missing the Bachelor. Plus, part of me stresses about the uncertainty of power outages, and I start worrying about the meat in the freezer going bad and not being able to flush the toilet or whatever. Luckily, as I was changing a poopy diaper and Shane was getting Wesley ready for bed, the power came back on! Yay! I didn't miss the Bachelor after all!

Happy Anniversary, honey. I'm glad we got to spend it as a family, with no electronics, for a least a few hours Monday night. Nine years, five residences, two kids, and lots of memories (many good, some bad) later, we have had quite the amazing ride. Here's to many more years. I hope you're still happy you married me :-)



And happy new year to everyone else!

2 comments:

Daddio said...

Unless you have a well, and water pump, a local power outage should not affect your water pressure, and ability to flush.

Do you have a flashlight in your purse? OR are you using your cell phone as an emergency light source?

Leslie said...

Wow, 9 years! You guys are old! ;-) Happy for you both!