Saturday, June 9, 2012

operation: take back my house -- day 4

Operation: Take Back My House is underway. We're on Day 4.

Day 1 we took back the kitchen. It looks better. Every day it needs continued care.

Day 2 we took back the playroom/living room. Thank heaven. Matchbox cars by the dozens are now stowed and will not be attacking my bare feet in the middle of the night.

Day 3 we took back the family room. We first organized the piles of pictures in frames that do not yet hang on the walls, and then we moved them to their respective rooms in the house. When the siding contractors clear out next week, they're going up. Can't wait.

Day 4's plan was to take back the bathrooms, but that didn't work out. Too much resistance. Instead we took back all three upstairs bedrooms. No guts no glory!

I suppose we'll take Sunday off. But the bathrooms are next. We also need to tackle the hobby/exercise room, which still needs lots of work. And by golly, we need to get to that walk-in-closet. I love it, but it's under enemy control.

More from the front lines later. When full control is regained, we'll have interior pictures! I'm starting to be proud of this place!

No comments: