Friday, December 27, 2013

gottula christmas


Our tree and loot. Lots of wrapped presents.


Wesley engrossed in one of his presents (new pedometer) and Shane showing off one of my presents (water bath canner). Yay!


Finding presents....


The model showing off her awesome airplane shirt from Dad. She looooves it. She put it on over her PJs and it stayed on all day.


Opening... she loved opening presents. I had her open mine to keep her happy :-) After every present she was like, "nother one?" Like so cute. Just 'cause it was fun to unwrap.




Some of her cute toys... she got a blender and some other food for her kitchen, and some dress up clothes. Plus many other things. She loves this shadow flashlight books (we read them over and over last night), plus the kids looove dad's remote control helicopter. Well and Shane loves the helicopter too :-)  He's kinda a big kid.




I made bean bags for the kids :-)  Well, Wesley got a bean bag LAST year, but after Gabby pooped on it we threw out all the beans and it has lived bean-less in a drawer until now. She's clutching one of my cute surprise presents from Shane, a raccoon figure for my garden. He got me two of them, a pair, they're cute! A raccoon and a moose.


Minnie convertible from Grandma Gottula... love!



I got two pairs of Christmas socks and I asked each kid which pair I should put on.... and each kid said something different. So I had to please both of them :-)


I'm still lame from my surgery so Shane did all the cooking... I helped him with the menu and scheduling but he did all the hard work!! Turkey loaf (which I liked, but he said it tasted like spam, true), mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes with some strategically placed marshmallows to entice the kids, green bean casserole, rolls, and PIE!


Wrapped in a Christmas bow with wings... Laurel's wings. Awesome.


Do you like how Laurel is doing the dishes? She's UH-mazing.

Christmas was lovely. Orange cinnamon rolls and clementines for breakfast (kids slept in until 9 or something!), then presents, lounging around, playing with presents, big dinner, and more lounging around. I think we all stayed in PJs all day.

My arm finally felt a bit better! It's a Christmas miracle!! I woke up and actually felt capable. Still nowhere near close to normal but better. I have HOPE.

No comments: