Saturday, February 1, 2014

eek! i'm here, promise!

Wow no posts in January? I'm a loser.

This sums it up...

  • Spent New Year's at my friend's "cabin" on the lake with the kids, there were fireworks and popcorn and hot tubbing and it was awesome.
  • Been trying to work out/lose weight/eat right but the dang arm is making it hard.
  • Having a hard time with arm surgery recovery. Very discouraged. Lots of crying, stretching, hoping, waiting.
  • Went to an essential oils party and am gonna try it. Feel like a total hippie.
  • Got really sick and barfed A LOT. Laurel had it first. It hit me harder. Shane and Wesley escaped unscathed. I lost 2 pounds and I kept nothing down for 24 hours. AWFUL.
  • Finished a good book and realized I'm on track to probably read at least one book a month for awhile. Decided to write them down on a calendar as I finish them.
  • Have enjoyed Downtown Abbey (love!), the Bachelor (double love!), and the Biggest Loser (triple love!). TV has been good to me recently.
  • Did some family history once, when I downloaded some pictures a distant relative had posted on Facebook of some of our ancestors. Felt very cool. Want to do more.
  • Actually wrote some Wesley memories in my Wesley journal. I am resolving to do that more. (And the Laurel journal). 
  • Made a list of sewing projects and accomplished one or two. I made a remote-control holder with some extra fabric that hangs off the dresser, the TV sits on top of it so it stays put. All the remotes in my room are in it. Very cool! Maybe pictures would be nice.
  • Helped in Wesley's classroom once. Fun to watch him at kindergarten.
That's all for now. I'm staying busy but feeling good. Just gotta get this arm all better.

2 comments:

Daddio said...

Hmmm ... item #2 said you wanted to lose weight ... item #5 you did lose some weight! Problem solved?

B tells me that it's incorrect to call it "Downtown" Abbey, even though that's what I call it ...

Michelle said...

Glad you're still here! :)