Friday, October 31, 2014

happy halloween!

Happy Halloween from our clan!

Some pictures from the ward party on Wednesday....






Laurel is Mike Wozowski from Monster's Inc. After pinteresting ideas for the costume, including a paper mache exercise ball and sewing from a pumpkin pattern, I caved when it was less than $20 at Babies R Us. It's just a 2T, so I feel like it barely fits her, but hey, that works.

Wesley was a "real live" traffic light. The lights work, they are tap lights from the dollar store. I spray painted them and got them adhered to the box with TWISTY TIES! Awesome! I HATE glue guns. I started with a glue gun but it just wasn't strong enough so I ripped them off and started over. PLUS with the twisty ties, I was able to change the green batteries in the middle of trick-or-treating tonight when we came home for a potty break.

The box was covered in felt. All in all, I was about $15 in, since the spray paint wasn't cheap. But I have a lot left over, so in total the costume didn't cost that much to make. $5 for lights and batteries then $2 for the yard of felt in the remnant section! He loves it. He just loves it.

This was Wesley's first costume appearance... and his "friend group" aka social therapy session...


And then his class at school. I was lucky I got to volunteer while Laurel was at preschool. Yay!

First they made "bats" with moonpies and chocolate wafers :-)  His teacher is a crayon!


And a group pic... serious and then funny faces....



And I brought home a bat kit for Laurel. I should have brought one home for myself!


We trick-or-treated in the RAIN. LIKE A LOT OF RAIN.



Yeah, my thoughts exactly, Laurel...


Trick or treat, Dad!!


While I'm at it, here are some more "fall" pics... Laurel went to the pumpkin patch with preschool.



And I decided to be adventurous and do a "craft" with fall leaves. We collected a bunch then let them dry out... they probably got too dry since they were somewhat brittle. Anyway, Wesley just likes Elmer's glue and he glued and glued and glued.


While Laurel really got into the paint :-)




Here's the finished product, mostly. I hang it near the fridge. We made it on a paper bag!


Happy Halloween, and happy fall! Bring on November, my birthday month. I also ventured and have a hubbard squash I need to figure out how to cook. That should be wild.


No comments: