Wednesday, October 15, 2014

what else can we add in here

I want to brain dump my life. It would help me. Here are all my balls in the air:

  • Health and fitness:  I try to exercise, count calories, be good. I'm in a volleyball tournament currently. I'd like to go to hot yoga. I make dinner for my family and grocery shop & plan. I clip coupons. Shane and I have talked about eliminating artificial dyes and processed stuff. Can I possibly do this? Did I mention I'm getting an MRI on my foot tomorrow? Ha.
  • Book club: We meet every other month. I like to read. I want to read. Do I have time to read?
  • Church, the necessities: I need to read my scriptures. I need to pray. I need to grow spiritually. I barely have time to breathe but I want to fit this in. I'm two sessions behind on the last General Conference; sheesh where am I going to find four hours to fit that in? When's the last time I went to the temple?   
  • Church, the responsibilities: My calling in Church is in Stake Primary. We do activities. We do trainings. We go to Ward Conferences and Sacrament Meeting Programs. I do Cub Scouts. I have 2-4 meetings every month. Plus a bunch of other stuff. And then they tell me to read other things to feel inspired and I can hardly read the minimums. Plus I sub in Primary all. the. time. I didn't even mention Visiting Teaching; I have four ladies to check in on every month. 
  • Church, the extracurriculars: I love family history and I want to do it. I need to update our emergency kits. I should be better about missionary work. 
  • Co-op preschool: I do the newsletter. It's a huge job. We have two Wednesday night meetings a month. I volunteer in the classroom on Fridays. 
  • Wesley: He currently has three after-school therapy sessions, one in-school therapy session, and another one being added. This is called "aggressive interventions" to curb some symptoms of undiagnosed autism or attention disorders. We do homework every day. I need to read with him. Plus in his downtime I need to help him do productive things; I feel guilty when he plays Angry Birds because I just want some peace and quiet.
  • Mothering: Being a Mom is hard. See the aforementioned Angry Birds comment, and add in Frozen and lightning videos on YouTube. I am trying to be a better Mom using tricks I'm learning at co-op and in Wesley's therapy sessions. It's hard stuff. So hard. And then I hear about people (my age!!) on Facebook having their 7th child and I feel so guilty that I can barely handle my two. No, I will not be having any more children anytime soon. Sometimes they fight and sometimes I yell and sometimes I put myself in timeout and cry. I feel like it's worth it, I just wish I handled it better and was proud of the "work" I'm doing. I feel like something is wrong with me because my personality doesn't fit what I think a "good mom" should be. 
  • Marriage: I have a husband. I like to talk to him sometimes. I've been thinking we should go on a date. So yeah. 
  • Family Activities: Sometimes it's nice to go to an airplane show or plan an adventure on the weekend. I haven't done that in awhile but it's nice when it happens. It's a goal of mine. The Christmas train? Mt. Rainier? Trips to Grandma's? Yes, those would be nice. 
  • House: I need to do my chores. Fall is happening and Shane will need my help raking leaves. I wanted this house so badly dangit and I need to take care of it. 
  • Money: I hate money. I need to save money. I don't want to spend money. I'm worried about money. I really appreciate Mint.com but it's another thing I need to do every month to keep tabs on things. 
  • SEFW: This is Job 1. I work 15+ hours a month from home and sometimes go downtown.
  • ACE: This is Job 2. I added in Job 2 because it pays more than Job 1. Maybe I'll discontinue Job 1. But because of Money, I am keeping both. I have no idea how crazy this will be, as it just started -- yesterday. 
  • Ugh: Maybe this should go under Health & Fitness but I need a root canal. I am SO MAD I CAN HARDLY STAND IT. Like I need three 2-hour dentist visits between now and the end of the year. 
  • My Dad Died: This sucks and I think about it a lot. Sometimes I want to do nothing.
  • Facebook: Why oh why am I addicted to this stupid site? 
  • This Blog: This is probably my most kept record at the moment. Journaling in general has gone by the wayside. 
  • Hobbies: Hobbies? How dare I even say it? I want to sew sandwich baggies for Wesley's lunch. I want to make birthday cards to mail people. I want to paint my toenails sometime. Halloween is coming up for crying out loud and I'm cooking up a killer costume for Wesley. Laurel's I caved and bought for $20. 
  • Friends: Sometimes I just want to go karaoke with my friends. Or celebrate someone's birthday with Thai food. Heck MY birthday is coming up. I suppose my present to myself will be a root canal. 
Sigh. That was therapeutic. Thank you for listening. 

1 comment:

Marianne Hales Harding said...

That's a lot on your plate! Chin up, and just keep working at it one little thing at a time. Whatever gets done, gets done. Whatever doesn't, doesn't. And try not to feel guilty about the Angry Birds. Everybody needs down time, especially kids and moms.