Tuesday, February 3, 2009

it's about time

So I've been thinking that with all the reality shows out there, some aired, some not aired (since they were so bad or gay guys ended up winning or whatever), I am bound to know SOMEONE who has been on one. Or at least know someone who knows someone, right? I mean the shear volumes of people involved mean that at least one person should know me by one or two degrees of separation, right?!

Look no further folks! The Bachelor is from Kirkland, Washington, and he grew up with Whimsy's husband! That's right, Whimsy's husband knocked Jason Mesnick's glasses off during t-ball on the playground in fourth grade. I feel so connected.

[Sidenote shout out to my buddy Jeff, who says it is his "destiny" to be a game show contestant one day... I'm rooting for you Jeff! That would be two for me if you make it! (well, OK technically one but I'm really excited here OK?)]

Last night (since I'm watching Jason and his gals, of course), the entire show took place in Seattle and it was super exciting. Especially since the fancy pants hotel and little pastry shop and sites on their walk and everything are all right next to the building where I work downtown. How FUN.

The Bachelor is usually kind of a joke, yes, but I do hope this one succeeds. He's a good guy. He's not a moron like Jerry O'Connell or full of himself like Andrew Firestone; he's a decent guy with a kid who wants to settle down. My money is on Molly. No way it's Naomi, although I think they look the best together. I also like Jillian, and I like her for the simple fact that she's the only one who doesn't speak in that stupid "camera voice," like people who can't act talk like when they know they are on camera. She seems the most real, as in, what you see on national TV is what you get. And Melissa has great teeth but I just don't know.

So there's my dish.

For the record I have only watched a few Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons. I watched the season finale for Aaron and Trista, a couple episodes for the bass fisherman and the doctor (whose names I can't even remember), and the entire season for Jesse. I followed another bunch of them online, reading the blurbs at abc.com, but couldn't bring myself to get involved in another TV show. Sometimes you can only take so much mindless TV. If I was a real trooper what I'd do is jump on the elliptical DURING the mindless TV and it wouldn't be so bad, right? But that has yet to happen. I did work out this morning though so if I veg tonight I'm entitled.

Any shows you're shamelessly addicted to? Or any reality TV stars you know personally?

4 comments:

Daddio said...

We have been following Heroes and the Mentalist this year.

Also, True Beauty this season has been somewhat interesting to follow. That is the only "reality" show I'm interested in these days. I think your mother has been watching the Biggest Loser however.

They have canceled my Stargate series (both of `em) but there is the occasional direct to DVD movie out there to keep us satisfied.

Speaking of direct-to-DVD movies, a new Dead Like Me is slated for release sometime later this month. Looking forward to that one.

Your mother still keeps up with the CSI shows (all 3 of `em?) but I don't have time to watch them.

The Little Twining's said...

I've been watching it too, the bachelor that is. I love it, and I thin Jill should win. She seems the most fun and down to earth!

This was the first full TV show I've watched in over a month! I'm proud of myself!

Whimsy said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! We're FAMOUS, by proxy!

Corey said...

I'm so not into TV, I hardly ever have it on except for the kid's shows. So I was a little weirded out last fall when I saw the "Bachelor" up at Kinnear Park with his son. I was like, WOW...what a stud! Why is he being followed by a camera crew? Duh, Jeff of all people had to clue me in. I feel so out of it. So since then I have watched a few shows on nights that my kids are actually in bed before it starts. I'm curious to see who wins, but seriously I don't watch it enough to remember the gal's names.