Monday, March 2, 2009

still 100%

Imagine my surprise when, approximately 6 loads of laundry ago, out came not one, not two, but three single socks missing their friends. For a mom with a 100% record of no lost socks, I was unnerved. Three in one load? Was this karma getting me for my perfect record, since it's impossible for one to have a baby and never lose a sock?

Well, as of today, all three now have friends again. In summary:
  • One was still dirty, in the bottom of the hamper under the hamper's cloth lining. Check!
  • One was stuck to the Velcro on a folded and put-away bib. Check!
  • One was wrapped inside the corner of a crib sheet, which had also been folded and put away. Check!
I feel great. And now that little Wesley's feet are bigger, his socks seldom fall of in transit.

Take that, missing sock Gods! I don't need to bow to you! I'm still winning!

(Ah, maybe I should tone the arrogance down a notch, just to be safe. I know my perfect record is a matter of luck as well as excellent sock-sleuthing skills. It's not just me.)

5 comments:

Daddio said...

Beware of the sock-eating washing machines and dryers!

I have disassembled old washers and found socks within the "guts" of those machines .... forever changing my attitude about the final whereabouts of those missing items .... LOL

Anonymous said...

Impressive! 100% is awesome - keep it up! :D

KG said...

Wahoo! 100% is amazing. I can't tell you how many times I have bought myself new socks, maybe a 6 pair or so, and within two months or so I'm down to 4 pairs. Where do they go?

Chelle said...

You are a super sleuth - socks have a magic way of whisking themselves under the hampers, in sheet corners and attached to random objects. One must always be on the watch!

Ann said...

You crack me up!