Tuesday, April 28, 2009

number of the day: 1,110

I'm on an interesting quest to not necessarily calorie count, but to at least KNOW the calories in what I'm eating. A serving of animal crackers is 16 crackers for 140 calories. (I actually was going to eat LESS than 16 crackers but went ahead and took 16 since that's the serving count.) A s'mores granola bar is 100 calories. Carrots are freebies.

Did you know that a serving, 1/6th, of a Tombstone pepperoni pizza (garlic bread crust, the BEST) is 370 calories? So if me and Shane, ahem, each eat half the pizza, which we tend to do once a week, that's 1,110 calories. For dinner alone. FOR NOTHING BUT PIZZA.

Did you have any idea? That's insane! I tell myself I'm "healthier" for "fixing dinner" and eating at home, but I'd be better off getting a Big Mac and fries!

And a sarcastic jab at myself: So why am I'm wondering why I'm having trouble getting rid of some baby weight and more?

That's all. Just a quick post. I'm off to Denver to visit my brother Kurt and his sweet family and their sweet new little baby girl. I'm a little stressed, nay, terrified, to fly in a plane with Wesley, and his car seat, and our luggage, and a stroller, and a diaper bag, and my sanity, all by myself. I'm sure something will be lost along the way, namely, my sanity.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Have fun in Denver!

Marianne Hales Harding said...

Flying alone with a baby is sooooo fun. But you will survive it! I was a little ticked when they stopped pre-boarding people flying alone with children but it still works out ok.