Friday, July 3, 2009

the plant gods are smiling

I want everyone to know that my plants always die, and yet I keep trying. Something in me is desperate to succeed. I really do want a garden some day... homegrown tomatoes, basil, zucchini, oh wow my mouth is watering! (I'm super jealous of my friend Ann, even without strawberries to show for her efforts...)

In any case, this little bugger was my Mother's Day gift from the young men at Church -- thanks guys! When we went to the TriCities at the end of May it didn't get watered for a week. It was 100% withered and dead. Yet by powers unbeknowst to me, it has come back to life. I did start watering it, yes, and it has been unusually sunny and nice this summer so far, so maybe the conditions were too perfect for me to go wrong. Lucky me.


Look, four petals! WOW!

Here's wishing you a happy summer, full of color.

No comments: