Saturday, January 8, 2011

big girl projects

I have been doing well on my resolutions! I am especially working on the nail biting. It's so not attractive. (I saw a girl in Church on Sunday just going at it and I thought, "gah! is that what I look like!?!" and the answer would be yes. But no more.) Plus, I'm exercising and not eating chocolate.

But, on to today's post. I put all my big-girl projects down in a list the other day, and it is completely overwhelming. I think what I should do is just try to tackle one or two at a time, and continue to work on them until they are done. Although maybe some of these will not be done my lifetime. Sigh.

Here's my list:
  • Use the October 2010 Conference Ensign and set goals for the next 6 months (uh oh, it'll be April before we know it!)
  • Sync my ancestry.com family tree with my RootsMagic family tree with my New Family Search family tree (gah! three trees to keep track of!) and continue to do family history
  • Finish my medical journal (I'm caught up to the beginning of 2009, keeping track of my various doctor's visits, prescriptions, etc.)
  • Revamp our 72-hour kits
  • Organize my online photos; tag people in Picasa; create a folder of photos to be printed (and scrapbooked)
  • Scrapbook... my high school trip to Europe, Shane's mission box, various Wesley photos, and more
  • Organize my recipes (I have a 2-inch-thick folder of recipes to sort through and organize so I can use them)
  • Go through the huge stack of Boeing insurance paperwork and shred what we don't need
  • Go through the my huge "Church binder" (assorted handouts from years and years and years ago) and get rid of stuff
  • Go through my online email accounts (hotmail and gmail), and delete stuff, put stuff in folders, etc. (goal: get my inbox down from 1,000 to like 100)
  • Research investment options for our savings accounts and follow through with investing
  • Prioritize home improvement projects, research, and follow through (paint Wesley's room, tile bathroom, etc.)
  • Create a will, living will, and possibly a trust
  • Read (finish) Jesus the Christ
  • Run our current credit reports
  • Research and get a new credit card with awesome benefits
Holy cow. What a list.

My question to you is: what would you do first? And heavens, what else am I missing?

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Hey - psst. Jason just added estate planning and asset protection to the services he provides. Lemme know if you want to talk wills with him. :)

Marianne Hales Harding said...

I'm a little morbid, but I'd do the will first. And while I was figuring that out I'd do the email stuff and the shredding (because it feels so good to throw things out). Then I'd sort recipes. While doing all of that I'd read little snippets of Jesus the Christ here and there. Eventually I'd set my sights lower as far as credit cards are concerned and just be happy with the rebate credit I currently get. And the rest would move forward to the 2012 to do list.