Wednesday, January 19, 2011

truly wonderful day

The sun was shining. Not a cloud in the sky. And bright and early, at 7:45 AM, our roofers showed up.

Maybe I haven't updated you completely. See, the mold mediation guys came last week and cut out a huge chunk of our ceiling and our wall, and then put up plastic to protect us from our attic crawl space.

As soon as the plastic went up, while it was raining, we started to hear a drip drip drip. That's right. There was a hole in our roof somewhere that was not being protected by our roofer's alleged "tarp," so we were now elevated to an "active leak" status. Water pooled in the plastic.

The next morning at 5 AM Shane woke me up and said, "Angela, we have a problem," (as big as Houston's problem, apparently), and we had to work together to poke a hole in the plastic to get the darn water out before it spilled over inside the wall on the insulation and everything else. What a pain.

Several rain storms, prayers, and three buckets strategically placed to catch water later, was today: the first sunny day in a month. And the stars aligned and our roofers had plans to be here. They banged all over my roof until 3 this afternoon. Thank heavens.


Check out that shingle ripping. You go, dude!

Now, when the room finally gets put back together (i.e., there is no longer a hole in my ceiling), I may be happier than I was on my wedding day. Seriously.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I am very sorry you are having to go through this.
Question for you regarding the roof: when you guys bought the place presumably you had to have an inspection, right? Did the inspector not go up into the crawl space and take a good look around? I'm wondering if there is some liability there? That is the person I would be irked with (AFTER the contractor of course).