Saturday, January 1, 2011

resolutions

I sometimes go all out with resolutions. Seriously, I make categories of my life and create dozens of resolutions in each category. In years' past, I've checked the list monthly and kept score of how well I did the month before. I actually really loved it and felt like I was keeping myself accountable.

For now, though, here are just some general things I'd really like to do this year:
  • Quit biting my nails.
  • Be more healthy. I will eat less junk and more veggies, exercise more, and lose weight. I will limit portions and stop eating before I get too full. I just feel so much better when I'm doing well physically. OK this is sounding like a monologue and not a resolution. Next!
  • Take at least one name to the temple.
  • Read my scriptures daily. Pray daily.
  • Reduce stress. If this means taking up yoga, so be it. Or I will read more fiction.
  • Drive better. No speeding tickets, no accidents, no vehicular incidents at all. I will be more careful.
  • Nourish Wesley spiritually. Hold consistent Family Home Evenings and devotionals with him about gospel topics.
I find it interesting that many of my goals are spiritual ones. I've just decided I'm tired of feeling uncertain about things. I want me and the Lord to be on good terms, "speaking terms." I need to be in the best place possible in order for that to happen. I'm going to get there.

There are plenty more. Maybe we'll discuss them later. What are you going to do this year? I wish you luck in your goals.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I like your goals. And regarding your previous post...I would have been afraid to tell my husband too! I'm sorry for all the unfortunate events in your life lately! When it rains, it pours. (and you wish it wouldn't pour when your roof is leaking). We had a leak in our Lynnwood house that was leaking in from a bathroom vent - same thing. The builders put nails where there weren't meant to be nails and the vent cracked and let water through. I think it was $350 to have the guy repair it (like $10 in parts) all because the builder was lazy. So frustrating.

Chelle said...

Love your list - and maybe that's because it is so similar to mine. Spirtual ones are high up on the list - and in my humble opinion, right where they should be. Good luck with the resolution keeping now!