Tuesday, February 14, 2012

love

We are all about Valentine's Day in our house this year.

Sunday, we sung "love songs" in Primary, which was just awesome. I sang a few of them to Wesley before bed, and now he is constantly asking for "songs about love." Some in the lineup:
I made an AWESOME gift for Shane; check it out:



I made one of these a few years ago for my brother Brad when he was on his mission. I love the creativity that comes with a candy gram. Unfortunately I think buying all the separate candy bars ends up spending more money than just buying a gaudy huge heart box with truffles in it, but where's the fun in that??

Here's the text:

Dear Shane: Don’t you snicker at this whopper of a card! I wanted to take 5 minutes and tell you all the reasons you’re # Uno. Even though you’re kinda a nerd, I really skored when we became Mrs. and Mr. Goodbar. I was such a smartie to marry you, big hunk!! Sometimes our life is a beautiful symphony, and sometimes it’s a rocky road, but through it all we’ve made at least 100 grand memories. I love you to pieces, you hot tamale! Happy Valentine's Day, hearts, Angela

I also saw these on Pinterest, so of course I had to try a variation of them. YAY. These are for the visiting teachees:



Basically, they are peanut butter blossoms but sub cocoa powder for peanut butter and use a Dove chocolate instead of a Hershey's kiss. Cute!

'Tis also been the season of "heart attacking," which is the modern, sophisticated version of toilet papering. I love it. A couple weeks ago, the Young Women at Church heart-attacked me (yay!) which came complete with a heart saying, "I'll sit with you at Church and help with Wesley." YES! And the young woman (our babysitter of choice) did sit with us this past week! What a marvelous show of love!





THEN lucky for me, last night I was invited on a stealth heart-attack mission, for which we remained anonymous. I must say I participated but it wasn't my idea; all of the credit goes to my partner-in-crime. SO FUN. We dressed in all black at 10 PM.



Lastly, what's the fun in having a baby girl if you can't put her in cute heart-related clothes? I LOVE this little lady and I LOVE having a daughter!!





I hope you're feeling love today!! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: