Friday, February 24, 2012

this week...

In no particular order, this week I...
  • Got released from my calling at Church (woo hoo!), which relieved me SO MUCH because I was SO overwhelmed
  • Signed Wesley up for 12 weeks of gymnastics
  • Watched the Bachelor and really think it's a waste of my mental time and energy (so WHY am I so addicted!?)
  • Had a Mardi Gras party with a friend wherein I ate a Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard and loved every ounce of it, then vowed to give up ice cream for Lent (I am not Catholic)
  • Exercised for the first time since having a baby, and BOY am I SORE and TIRED and feeling discouraged
  • Starting tracking my calories on MyFitnessPal, then became additionally discouraged (I know I should keep at it)
  • Made a goal not to eat after 8 PM
  • Met with a prospective boss downtown about a new part-time, mom-friendly job (ooooooh)
  • Emailed a half-dozen co-op preschools to see if we could get a spot, heard back from two, signed Wesley up for one, and essentially filled my entire calendar, which was previously completely empty
  • Browsed on Pinterest for hours
  • Tried really hard not to yell at Wesley but failed miserably (we really have a "listening" problem in this house)
  • Cleaned the bathrooms
  • "Danced" with Wesley to Caspar Babypants (which means we ran around the playroom in circles)
  • Experienced a blissful full night's sleep when little Laurel slept for SEVEN HOURS straight, from 10:30 PM to 5:30 AM (wow wow wow)
  • Mitigated by mail my cell-phone-to-the-ear moving violation earned in January
  • Went to two children's museums -- Seattle and Everett -- and both were miserably packed because 1) it was President's Day and 2) it was winter break for all the school districts; let's call that a planning FAIL
  • Asked Wesley to please stop referring to me as Marlin and Shane as Dory and himself as Nemo
  • Got my car's oil changed
  • Went to Sam's Club with two kids and no husband and bought $200 worth of stuff
  • Found out a house we lost last week was OURS IF WE WANTED IT (since the first offer fell through), making me absolutely giddy with excitement while simultaneously nervous for the inspection Monday
  • Fell in love with my daughter's smile over and over and over again
  • Downloaded Chamillionaire's clean radio version of "Ridin' Dirty" for exercise purposes
  • Watched Jeopardy
  • Decreed three "Scissors Rules": We point the scissors away from our bodies. We only cut with scissors when Mom or Dad is watching. We do not run with scissors. I made Wesley repeat these a dozen times. And he still tried to cut his shirt.
  • Updated both Wesley and Laurel's electronic (.xls) "medical journals" where I keep track of all their doctors visits (very useful to have done)
  • Napped with my cat for the first time in ages
  • Finally wrote a blog post.

So there. What did you do this week?

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Hun. Seriously. Any time you are out of the house with a toddler and a new baby for longer than an hour and a half is a HUGE success, so what are you talking about with the children's museum??? We all had such a good time! Let's do it again sometime! I'll have to bring TWO extra shirts for Austin.

angelalois said...

I know, it was so fun, but it was SO BUSY!! I wish we woulda gone another week! Next time we'll plan better and it'll be more relaxed ;-)

Daddio said...

A house you wanted is yours if you want it??!? Which one?

Did you have it inspected today?

Janelle said...

What calling were you released from?

My husband did Lent last year. He gave up eating cereal for breakfast. He's always been a hot breakfast person (cereal was a special treat reserved for Sundays growing up), but had fallen into a habit of not managing his time very well in the mornings before work, and was eating cereal a lot because it was quick and easy. He gave it up for Lent in an effort to force himself to be a better time manager again. This year he didn't do anything for Lent, but we decided that next year, we're going vegetarian for Lent.

angelalois said...

@Dad, YES we have the house. More on that soon :-) @Janelle, I was released from the primary presidency. Whew! And I still haven't had any ice cream!!