Tuesday, March 25, 2014

tooth fairy

Wesley lost his first tooth this month. Eek. From the time of "look mom it's loose!" (February 16) to "ahh! mom! my tooth came out!" (March 7) was less than a month. My little dude is growing up. He says it "didn't even hurt" but for me, golly there was a lot of gore. I held it together, thank goodness.


I made this little number during the Bachelor finale a few weeks ago. It was so quick, I finished it before the show was even over. Had an hour to spare.



The little tooth is made of fleece, with the eyes and mouth felt. It's stuffed with whatever I had a coupon for from JoAnn Fabrics. I think it turned out well :-)  I hope the eyes and mouth stay on for the duration of Wesley's tooth-losing days. Only time will tell. 

The "tooth fairy" came while Wesley was eating breakfast one morning. I told him to check his pillow, and sure enough there was a gold $1 Sacajawea coin. He doesn't really understand money, so I was trying to tell him we could go to the dollar store and he could pick out whatever he wanted (his obsession is mylar balloons, so he would probably get one of those). He seemed to think that was great, but then a day or so later he was "playing" with his money and lost it. I'm sure it's here somewhere. Or maybe it's in his floor register for the heat.... he likes to stick things down there. 

It's been cute to watch him talk with no tooth down there. I miss his old face but love his new face! I can't believe his little smile will continue to change. Love that kid.

No comments: