Thursday, December 25, 2014

christmas, part 1

We're blogging live in the Gottula household today.

It's 9:49 AM. Laurel was up, screaming, at 8:15. She's mad about I'm not sure what. She's been a little bit sick and anxious and so bam, lots of screaming. She took a shower while Wesley went downstairs and started begging to eat candy out of his stocking. I told him he could eat whatever he wanted today and I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. But too much candy will give you a tummyache. I'll be sure to blog when the tummyache hits.

By 9:30 AM I had made eggs for breakfast, but no one ate any but me. They were full of gummy penguins and fruit snacks.

Santa brought an indoor trampoline. Awesome. Nice work with that Black Friday sale, Santa.

Kids are playing with stocking stuff and we're waiting for Dad to arrive to do presents.

Oh yeah, I've eaten so many cookies I have a tummyache. Oops. My "Dad" cookies I made last night turned out too perfect. They remind me of him and Christmas.

Wesley also realized we forgot to drive around and look at Christmas lights last night. He's right. It's the first Christmas Eve in years we forgot. I'm so sad. That's another thing my Dad always did when we were kids.

Better run. Things to play with. More later.

No comments: