Thursday, December 18, 2014

little lady turns 3

I have a lot of blogging to do... I'm behind on some of the biggest events of the year. For now, enjoy this lovely post from when Laurel turned 3. Her birthday was 12/12.

First up, here is her adorable preschool picture.... she chose the clothes.


Laurel is really into sharks. I know, kinda funny right? So she asked for a shark party and a shark cake.... my personal plan is usually "make one thing and buy the other," so I bought the frosting and made the cake. I like this chocolate chip cake recipe since it's fairly dense which helps with "creating" something. So, here we have a cake and a half...


Cut and pieced using a Pinterest example...


White frosting tinted "gray" (i.e., looks pretty purple to me) using black food coloring...


AND a shark.  The teeth are white chocolate chips. I don't know why I didn't just make him a real tail and instead had it curve inwards like that. Mine doesn't look nearly as good as the Pinterest girl's shark cake. Oh well, Laurel was thrilled.


As you can tell by her licking some of our frosting tools :-)


In the afternoon it was sunny for the first time in DAYS so we hit the park. We love the park. I just LOVE THIS GIRL.


Dinner was spaghetti and meatballs, one of the Top 3 meals. Plus green peas.

When her presents were all ready she was kinda running around being a little silly and just muttering to herself. She looked in that pink bag there and I heard her say, "there's a shark in there! I like sharks!"


I got her the shark beanie baby, his name is Crunch. She LOVES it. In fact, we let her take it everywhere and it went missing on Saturday (less than 24 hours after she got it). We FINALLY found it maybe Tuesday afternoon? She had put it INSIDE the Christmas tree. That's right, Crunch was taking a nap on one of the branches. I've requested our toys don't take naps in our tree anymore.

Anyway, you can tell Crunch was a welcome addition to the family.

Shane got her a 787, also a requested item. You can see her airplane shirt and her purple pants in these pictures, yes she chose her clothes and they are her FAVORITE items of clothing.


Some other gifts were a Minnie Mouse dress up dress, a card game called Spot It, Little Mermaid Legos, and the BIG gift was the Ikea Mala easel. It's was inexpensive and perfect. Grandma Gottula made her a shark bag (which she carries around everywhere) and a shark hooded towel. What a great birthday it was.



The shark cake! Yay!


And it was great with ice cream.


Oh, and for some icing on the cake (haha) here are two adorable videos. The first is of them singing Happy Birthday to her in preschool. She is so smiley!


And the second is of her opening Grandma Gottula's shark presents.... yay!


Oh Laurel, you bring me so much joy. I positively love you. 

No comments: