Monday, June 16, 2008

six things

OK, Wendy tagged me. This is the first time I've been tagged.

To duly embarass her for tagging me, I'll share this fine memory: me and Wendy, standing on chairs in our third floor apartment's kitchen, singing Jimmy Eat World into spatula microphones. There Wendy, that's what you get for tagging me.

I'm supposed to share six random "unimportant" things about myself... then tag six of you. I think I'll make all my random things about food (does that take away from the randomness of it all?). Here goes:
  1. I had lima beans for the first time in years and years and years last week. My dad would be proud. He used to serve lima beans all the time for us kids.
  2. I'm really noncommittal when it comes to fruit. Not that I don't like fruit, it's just that I don't like LARGE fruit. I prefer smaller fruits. A clementine to a real orange. A gala apple to a red delicious. I'm just afraid I'll get sick of it half-way through.
  3. I took a class once to learn to make ice cream from scratch. And no, I don't need an ice cream maker to do it. Brilliant! You can bribe me to get the recipe.
  4. Only once have I made a dinner that was 100% inedible. I just took too many substitutions liberties. All I remember is that I substituted a cup of lentils for a can of beans. I thought it would be OK. It turned out so so so very awful; I threw it all away.
  5. I don't like mayo or mustard. I'd rather eat a ham and cheese sandwich with nothing on it than with either of those disgusting condiments. I prefer butter or margarine actually.
  6. The funniest funniest thing I ever saw at BYU was a group of coeds serving "ice cream sundaes" from the second-level balcony of our apartment complex to the ground floor below. One partner would be on the second level, and one lying on his/her back on the ground. Parter 1 would drop a spoonful of ice cream into Partner 2's mouth. Then Parter 1 would turn over a bottle of Hershey's syrup and get it in Partner 2's mouth. Then a container of whipped cream. Then a cherry. It was HILARIOUS.

So two of my random tidbits were about ice cream. So sue me. I love it.

OK, I'm tagging Hoffer Doffer, Wandering Nana, Amy the World Traveler (in an effort to get her to POST already), Stacey, Nicole, and the Goofy Goffs. Apologies if you guys have done it before!!!

4 comments:

wandering nana said...

Oh dear, dear. Ask everyone, I hate being tagged but, since you are still in the post-baby, sleep deprived and not living full time in the adult world, I will forgive you. However, just once "P

Daddio said...

What took you so long? Lima beans are the cat's meow!

Mix `em with some corn and you'll have succotash!

Unknown said...

Memories, memories, memories. What more can I say? It was a good song and it deserved to have it sung with us standing on a chair with a spatula for a microphone. It made all that more enjoyable.

angelalois said...

hmmm i am not quite in the adult world! thanks wandering nana. I'll do your ABCs soon to make it up to you!