Sunday, August 17, 2008

happy happy joy joy

The coolest thing happened today. We woke up and I fed Wesley, then I took a shower while Shane watched him. Whenever I get out of the shower, part of me expects to hear wailing in the background, springing my "mom to the rescue" instincts into action. But, no wailing today. I got all ready and went to the living room, where Shane and Wesley were playing. I asked Shane how things were, and he said "great!" I asked if Wesley was happy, and Shane said, "he's the happiest I've ever seen him!"

It's so sweet that he's smiling and starting to laugh. I love his little personality. We're so lucky to be his parents. I'm glad I get to play with him every day, and Shane gets to experience it too on nights and weekends. (Would that be a "cell phone father"? Although I really appreciate him bringing home the bacon so I'm not complaining).


Also, in unrelated news, another fish committed suicide last night, on the cusp of another one dying of natural causes this past week. For those of you keeping score at home, two fish remain. Sadness.

No comments: