Tuesday, June 16, 2009

shout-out to aunt leslie

Last weekend our sweet Aunt Leslie (well, Wesley's Aunt Leslie) came to visit. It was rocking.

We picked her up at the airport then did the whole Seattle thing: gallivant through the Olympic Sculpture Park, drive by the Seattle Public Library, food at Pike Place Market. It was only the hottest day of the year (maybe), and the $3 lemonade was SO WORTH IT. Walking on the waterfront was heavenly. Wesley was slathered in sunscreen, we made it back to our parking meters in time, and it was overall completely awesome.

Friday Shaner and I got a free babysitter. Yay! We went to Applebee's and then Night at the Museum 2. I wanted to see UP, but that will have to wait for another time. Your thoughts: UP in 3-D or no? Does it matter?

Saturday, Leslie and I hit Value Village for 50%-off-green-tag day and it was the best. I got a shirt and some toys and books for Wesley, and she got some clothes and other stuff. I usually feel so rushed when I'm shopping (I think because I have a husband or baby either with me or waiting for me at home), and this time, I ignored all those inclinations and just browsed. We chatted away and looked through racks of clothes and saw all kinds of exciting things. VALUE VILLAGE ROCKS.

Leslie helped in the nursery at Church on Sunday because she wanted to (who is this crazy lady!? nursery stresses me out!), and then that night we made Father's Day cards! It was great! Card-making with my awesome sister in law! Considering it's one of the coolest and most fun hobbies, I was in Sunday-evening-relaxation heaven!

As you can plainly tell, it was a terrific weekend. She got some natural birth control in the form of awful Wesley diapers and her nursery experience (haha), and we got to chat about the pros and cons of pregnancy vs. a trip to Europe. Shane votes for the trip to Europe. I think my trip-to-Europe days are over, at least for awhile. I just don't know is Wesley would appreciate Italian gelato or the Swiss Alps or the French Riviera. OK maybe he'd enjoy the gelato!

Anyway, Aunt Leslie, you rock! You're so sweet and loving, and you have been so welcoming to our family! We still can't believe you married Brad. Haha! You're a great aunt, and you'll be a great mom. Take your time and enjoy yourself. Trust me, the heartburn and swollen feet aren't anything to look forward to.


Come back to visit anytime!

And a note to anyone else who might be planning a trip to Seattle: I am quite the excellent tour guide. I provide action-packed, most-enjoyable weekends for all parties. Hotel Gottula even provides a comfy futon, box fan on hot days, and food! (And this month's bonus: Wesley sleeps through the night!)

5 comments:

Whimsy said...

Wait a sec.... does this mean you're working in the nursery now? I've only been gone two weeks - what have I MISSED????

The Little Twining's said...

Awwwwwwwwwwe!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Angela! You're just sooo fantastic. I had a great time with you and learned a TON! I must say, the box fan and futon were awesome. The food was super good. But spending time with the family was the best part ever. Wesley is the MAN!!! You are an amazing mother and have done a wonderful job with your son!

Stacey said...

Can I just say I love, love, LOVED your sister-in-law?! She was the best sub in nursery we've ever had. She actually helped! Without being asked to do something! And she knew ever kid's name before church was over. Most people don't know what to do, so they just sit on a chair until you ask them to do something. She's welcome back anytime ;)

Marianne Hales Harding said...

Wish I could take you up on your offer! You wouldn't even have to be my tour guide, just my companion in adventure. Sigh. Missing Seattle.

Kurt said...

My vote for UP- see it in 3D if it just you and Shane. If you bring Wesley, just go for the 2D version. Being that he is only one year old I don't think he'll keep the glasses on. I KNOW Kyler wouldn't have kept the glasses on. Also- so you know UP is actually rated PG- there are a few parts where the music is loud and unexpected things happen. Kyler got freaked a couple of times. Maybe UP in the theater might not be good for Wesley just yet. But, that's just my humble opinion. I'm jealous you got to see Night at the Museum 2! Melani and I LOVE the first one and are looking forward to maybe seeing the 2nd one in the dollar theater (or it just might end up being a Redbox flick.....) Glad you had fun with Leslie, she is a rock'in Aunt. We really enjoyed having them stay with us for a few days in May and are hoping (crossing fingers) that Brad and Leslie will make it out to Colorado for Thanksgiving!