Tuesday, August 11, 2009

more potpourri

I thought of some more noteworthy things. As if that last post wasn't long enough!

Flicks

Despite my better judgment and several opinions telling me not to, I borrowed Moulin Rouge from the library and watched it. There's no denying it's a very popular film, however several years ago Shane could only stomach one hour of it, and my mom told me all through the movie she was chanting at the screen, "Nicole Kidman, just die! Just die so I can go home!"

So my opinion: It was definitely weird. I won't watch it again. Shane said it was just too "busy," and he's right. Lots of colors and lots of motion and lots of goofy quick dialogue. I guess it's best for people with ADD. Anyway, it was alright in the end, I mean it was a nice love story, blah blah, but yeah it was weird. What did you guys think, for those of you who have seen it? I recall it being wildly popular but in the end I thought it was a little too much.

We also borrowed The Illusionist from the library and I must say: I saw it coming! I knew the whole time! I told Shane my predictions and he said, "really?" And then I was right! Booooo-ya! However, in the end I prefer the other period-piece-magician film of a couple years ago, The Prestige with hottie Christian Bale.

Isn't it funny how there are always two of the same kind of movie that come out at the same time? Armageddon vs. Deep Impact (both end-of-the-world-meteor movies), The Illusionist vs. The Prestige (both olden-days-magician movies), Paul Blart: Mall Cop vs. Observe and Report (both mall-security-guard movies). Yeah, very strange. I haven't seen the latter pair.

Edmonds Marina Beach

Last week's Church playgroup was at Marina Beach in Edmonds. Several of my other mom & baby playgroup friends live in Edmonds (I have two playgroups), so I sent them all an email saying to come join us. When I showed up I instantly saw one of my buds, so we chatted for about an hour. Then she had to go and I went to find the playgroup... and no one was there! Did no one else go? Or was I in the wrong place? Wesley and I had a nice time toddling around (well, he toddled), playing the sand, looking at the sailboats, oogling at the seagulls, that kinda stuff.




Every single time...

I set a doctor's appointment last month for September, since my doc is seriously booked way way way out. Then last week I got a call that she'd be out of the office on that day, and they needed to reschedule me for a couple weeks later, and could I call and confirm that was OK.

I've tried to call no less than a half-dozen times and EVERY TIME I call the office is closed. What darn luck! I call at 8:20 am, and they don't open until 8:30. I call at 4:02 pm, and they close at 4. I call at 12:15 pm, and they have a lunch hour from 12-1. It's just insanity.

So there you have it, more musings from my corner of the world. Hope you're all well. Maybe next time I'll have something more profound to say.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

speaking of movies....have you seen the new moon trailer?