Thursday, August 20, 2009

movie clip from my life

Last night the Young Women had the coolest activity -- a Mystery Movie Night. Everyone in attendance had to pick a scene from a movie that represents them or represents their life. One leader was in charge and knew all the movie scenes and played them all, and then the rest of us guessed what scene belonged to whom.

It was awesome! These girls are hilarious!

One girl, who likes to clean, chose the Happy Little Working Song from Enchanted. As soon as everyone knew it was her, they were like "duh!" They said the only reason their tent or the bathroom got cleaned at girls' camp was because of her. She was a little cleaning worker bee! Awesome! Also, when she uses the bathroom at someone's house, she also likes to fold the toilet paper into a little triangle like a hotel does. It's hilarious! She's super funny.

Another girl did a scene from Disney's Aristocats, where the two little boy kittens are play fighting with the little girl kitten, and the mom cat is like, "that isn't lady like!" And she says, "I'm not a lady!" or whatever. The girl who chose that clip has two brothers who make her crazy. That makes perfect sense!

Another girl did a cute scene from Matilda where the little girl goes to the library every day and reads all sorts of books, and learns she can check out books from the library so she just reads and reads. I guessed right away who it was! It was the girl who let me borrow the Twilight books! She is a superstar and quite the reader.

Other scenes were the campfire scene from The Incredibles, where the mom tells the daughter she's "in charge" (which our young woman liked since she has a younger brother she gets to be in charge of), the dancing scence from Hitch (hahahahaha!), the makeover scene from Miss Congeniality, and the dance off from Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. Plus there were some others, too. It was a fun night!

My scene (haha) in case you were wondering, is from Elf... where Will Ferrell as Buddy the Elf meets his "brother" Michael after school one day. Buddy is obnoxiously persistent even when Michael is trying to avoid him, and then (this is the part where it's me), Buddy says:

Wow, you're fast. I'm glad I caught up to you. I waited five hours for you. Why is your coat so big? So, good news -- I saw a dog today. Have you seen a dog? You probably have. How was school? Was it fun? Did you get a lot of homework? Huh? Do you have any friends? Do you have a best friend? Does he have a big coat, too?

I chose that scene since after we had watched that movie a couple times, my husband turned to me and said, "do you realize that is just like you?" And he's right. It is. I'm nonstop. It's great.

I was a dead giveaway at the Mystery Movie Night since I started LAUGHING and LAUGHING and I couldn't stop. That scene is just so funny. So they knew it was me pretty easy.

So your turn! If you had to pick one movie scene to represent you, what would it be???

2 comments:

Marianne Hales Harding said...

At the moment, it's that scene from A Beautiful Mind where the guy decided to go off meds and has had a horrible day and the Jennifer Connelly character just says, "Maybe try again tomorrow."

Endeavoring for it to be the scene from Its a Wonderful Life where Jimmy Stewart says, "I wish I had a million dollars....HOT DOG!" :)

Heidi said...

lol you are funny! You have given me something to think about! i am going to drive myself crazy trying to figure out my movie.