Tuesday, January 5, 2010

much has happened....

Wow, has it been a week and a half? Thanks faithful followers for checking in.

Lots has happened.

1. Christmas Eve and Christmas

It was lovely. Wesley got a potty (hehe) and LOTS of toys (including a Sesame Street remote which we now keep where we kept our old remote to trick him!!), Gabby got a gift card from Petco, and we got a new mattress, vacuum, Microsoft office, and office chair. Praise heaven. Shane bought me the Twilight books and I bought him a robe. Overall it was a wonderful, relaxing day, where I didn't look at the clock and we ate leftovers.


Our main gift to our family was personalized M&Ms... we bought a 5-lb bag and I made teeny little bags for each of the 35 family members. It was a fun, crafty project to lower my stress at Christmas, and it was so cute seeing Wesley's mug on M&Ms...


2. Visiting TriCities

We left Saturday the 26th for the TriCities and stayed there all week. We played lots of games, Wesley got way spoiled, and we took advantage of the free babysitting. My goal was to watch one new movie a day and we did pretty well with that. Wesley's two TriCities aunts are in a competition to be the favorite so they BOTH gave him similar noise-making push toys, which are now all over our condo. Why why why!?! They love us. It was a fun week. I saw New Moon again, me and Shane went on a date to Sherlock Holmes, we visited each of his siblings (and let Wesley assault one of their big dogs), we survived a snow and ice storm (wherein I did fall on my rear and thankfully Shane didn't laugh), and more. It was great.


3. New Year's

New Year's was lovely. We spent the Eve playing card games and even though Shane and I won the first round, we were slaughtered the next. I ate a lot of truffles. And since I'm on this crazy new year's resolution kick, I had to get it all in. I have ten rules, and I keep track each day and get ten points. Sundays are my day off. I'm 100% so far -- doing things like exercising 45 minutes a day, drinking 48 oz. of water, no treats, sleeping 7 hours at night, reading my scriptures for 15 minutes, etc.

4. Anniversary

Our anniversary was Jan. 2. We decided to go out for breakfast and left while Wesley was still sleeping. I wanted to go to a really nice place, but there weren't a lot of choices. We ended up at a hotel which was relatively nice (i.e., there were water goblets), but it was just a smidge nicer than IHOP I guess. In any case, the food was marvelous and I enjoyed yet another date with my sweetie with free babysitting. We've been married seven years.

5. Back to real life

Now we're back to real life. We came home and took down the tree, reorganized all the closets to fit everything in, started donation piles, and more. The only thing left is getting some groceries. That's on the plan for today.

More thoughtful blog posts ahead! Welcome 2010!

1 comment:

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Angela - you are brilliant!! I know that doesn't surprise you or anyof your readers...

I am stealing your idea of personalized M&M's. And, just becuase I have so much respect for and jealousy over your record keeping skills, I am making a Christmas to do list. My goal is to have it done my Thanksgiving.

Thanks, girl!!! Keep up the great work!