Friday, February 26, 2010

crazy 'bout apps

A list of some of the fun apps for my fancy Android Smartphone:
  • Fireworks (a real hit with Wesley; touch the screen and fireworks go off over a city skyline of your choice. I chose Settle, naturally)
  • a Magic 8-Ball (seriously! you shake the phone and an answer pops up, just like an 8-Ball)
  • Kids Paint
  • Kids Doodle (kinda like Kids Paint, but different)
  • Farm Animal Noises (touch the picture of the animal to hear the noise; this is a big hit while in grocery store lines)
  • ABCs (very basic; it just says the letters)
  • a Guitar (with strings you play and everything!)
  • Shazam (hold it up to the radio and it can identify ANY song!)
  • Photo Puzzle (takes any photos I have on the phone and makes jigsaw puzzles out of them; think Wesley will be ready for that in a couple years!, but I do them sometimes for fun)
And some practical ones:
  • a Google Reader reader
  • Scriptures (plus Ensigns and Conference talks!)
  • Ward Roster (download church member roster from the Web and import, voila, the the ward's addresses and phone numbers on my phone!)
  • a Task Killer (like an "end program" for PCs, except for phones, to save battery life)
  • a Flashlight (hehe, the whole screen lights up; this has helped us find things dropped under restaurant booths)
  • Movies by Flixster (reviews, showtimes, etc.)
  • Bloo, a Facebook interface
  • Exercise tracker (I don't use it tho; oh well)
  • Word of the Day (gives me a word of the day every day; today's word: appanage)
Other ones I've heard about that I don't have:
  • For ladies, ahem, time-of-the-month trackers
  • a Metal Detector! seriously! They can't explain it, but it 100% identifies metal
  • a Level (with bubbles to show you when something is level)
  • a Compass
  • a Strobe Light
  • Dictionary
  • Coin Flip (hahaha! it's a coin! and you hit a button and it flips!)
  • Star Wars Light Saber (I can't bring myself to download it; sounds interesting tho, huh?)
  • Chuck Norris Jokes ('nuff said)
Anyway, it only gets better. This phone is dang fun.

Any apps you love?

3 comments:

Rose said...

That sounds cool! Who is your Wireless provider?

Rose said...

(Because I might want one... hehehe)

angelalois said...

I have a Samsung Moment, an Android phone with Sprint. Super fun smarty-pants phone!!