Monday, March 29, 2010

can your last 2-3 weeks beat this?

So, what have I been doing that I didn't even blog?
  • First, Wesley got sick; he had a splinter in his foot so microscopic I couldn't even see it, and the doctor had to get it out with a teeny pair of tweezers, plus he had an ear infection
  • Then, Shane and I got so ridiculously sick we couldn't function
  • The whole time, I'm trying to pack and plan for our vacation
  • Plus, I had a talk to prepare for Sunday at Church, which turned out pretty well
  • Then, we left for HAWAII on Monday, March 22; we survived the flight! More on that later
  • Tuesday, we found out Shane's brother had died from complications from leukemia, which he has been fighting for 3 1/2 years
  • Wesley had a tough time adjusting to the SUN in Hawaii so we had a red, crocodile-skinned, puffy baby for most of the trip
  • Regardless, we tried to enjoy our vacation (blog post in my brain currently)
  • We had to reschedule our flights home to take us to Los Angeles, where we stayed for less than 24 hours and Wesley made lots of noise during the funeral service
  • We finally got home at midnight or so Saturday, arriving to plenty of cat barf on our bed and no groceries in the house
  • And now Wesley is sick again, with a crazy fever and cough no one wants to hear
  • And my to-do list is taking up more columns on a piece of paper than I care to think about... and so far today, with a sick kiddo, nothing has gotten done
  • Google hates me and I can't upload a picture to Blogger or see my albums on Picasa (so lame!) to relive my marvelous Hawaiian memories
Heaven help me survive this week.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, Angela. That is heavy. If it helps at all, Google hated me yesterday, too. But, it seems to be back to normal.

Sending you a big hug and lots of encouragement!

Leslie said...

Even though all that bad stuff happened you still managed to send us an awesome Maui postcard puzzle. Thanks a lot. You're so thoughtful! Keep on being super woman!

Stacey said...

I've been waiting to hear about your trip! I'm sorry to hear about your brother in law. It's gotta be hard to enjoy yourself when you hear that. How old was he? I'm sure quite young. And I can relate to the "adjusting to the sun." That sun gets hotter in Hawaii than Seattle!