Saturday, May 8, 2010

beat up on me week

Here are all the reasons I'm feeling quite run ragged:
  • Elbow - ouch. I went to put Wesley in his high chair the other day and hit my right funny bone on the back of one of our kitchen chairs. But it wasn't my funny bone, it was worse than my funny bone. I put Wesley down and writhed in pain for minutes. I was paralyzed. It was awful. I had a huge bruise on my elbow for days and every time I touched it my arm froze.

  • Shin - ouch. I walked past a construction job on a downtown sidewalk on Thursday, and didn't realize how close I was to the curb and stepped of and scuffed myself up. The construction guys all asked "are you all right?" and I said, "yeah, I'm fine, I'm an idiot."

  • Nose - ouch. If we're holding Wesley in front of us somehow, so he is facing out, he does this fling-his-head-back thing and he hits us in the teeth or nose or wherever. I guess he does it all the time to Shane. It only happened to me today. My nose hurt so bad. I felt like my head was imploding.

  • Throat - ouch. I was sick last week and everything feels better, except this awful awful awful cough. I feel awful. It is so bad. It is loud and painful and no fun at all, so much that I'm considering seeing a doctor just to make the stupid cough go away. People say, "you sound awful!" and seriously, I know, but I always reply, "trust me, I'm much better." And I don't know if that's true. I'm better from being sick, but the cough is possibly getting worse.

  • Ankle - ouch. Sooo to top it all off, I fell off a ladder this morning. What is wrong with me? We were stringing white lights on the wall for this dinner at Church. And boom. I fall 5 or 6 feet and land basically on my right ankle. It felt twisted, and I was OK, but the more time progresses the more it hurts. It's starting to swell. It now hurts to walk.
I just want to ball up in a corner and cry! I mean what else could happen to beat me up?

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Here are hugs and kisses from Mommy to make it all feel better. XXOOXXOO I love you!

Marianne Hales Harding said...

Maran does that same fling-your-head-back thing. Oh, it is awful! SO painful. It can't be entirely pain free for them...why do they keep doing it????

Leslie said...

Sorry about your struggles. If it makes you feel any better, now that I'm pregnant I'm dropping everything. Remember the post about you always dropping your keys? Well now I drop water bottles, mainly, but other things as well. It sucks. It will suck even more when I get bigger.

Rose said...

Ouch! Sounds terrible!