Friday, May 14, 2010

this is why i don't text

I thought this was so funny, I had to repost:

If God had texted the 10 Commandments to Moses

1. no 1 b4 me. srsly.
2. dnt wrshp pix/idols
3. no omg's
4. no wrk on w/end (sat 4 now; sun l8r)
5. pos ok - ur m&d r cool
6. dnt kill ppl
7. :-x only w/m8
8. dnt steal
9. dnt lie re: bf
10. dnt ogle ur bf's m8. or ox. or dnkey. myob.


As tempted as I am to um, make abbreviations in texting, I just can't bring myself to do it. at the expense of my thumbs. And people who use those same abbreviations in emails -- at work! -- drive me batty. But it's pretty funny to look at it from this angle. I guess this makes me appreciate the verbose nature of the Books of Moses even more!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Angela, I completely COMPLETELY agree. I cannot bring myself to use textspeak. And when someone does at work (whether in an email or even with our work's instant messaging), it drives me batty.

Michelle said...

That is funny! Obviously I'm not a "texter", it took me quite a while to figure out what they said!

Marianne Hales Harding said...

Oh, it is just wrong, wrong, wrong to use texting abbreviations in an email. You are saving, what, 5 seconds tops? I know I'm a speedy typer, but, goodness! I'm glad I have a qwerty keyboard on my phone. Makes proper spelling in a text easier. :)