Thursday, July 22, 2010

and i was so excited

Sigh.... yesterday I got my first pedicure.

On Tuesday this dialogue occurred in our home:

Me: "Shane, guess what I'm doing tomorrow!?!?"
Shane: "Getting a pedicure."
Me: "Oh, I already told you?"
Shane: "About 15 days ago you told me. Then 14 days ago, you told me again. Then 13 days ago, you told me again..." and on and on.

I was pretty excited.

The whole concept of a pedicure is pretty funny, because 1) I'm a ticklish person, 2) the thought of someone messing with my feet seems kinda funky, and 3) as a woman I tend to be self-conscious about oh, every square inch of my body, with feet being no exception. Plenty of reasons not to go.

But when I really thought about it, I realized I like it when my husband gives me feet massages! I like my feet! I don't think they are hideous! These pedicurists probably deal with feet a lot more icky than mine! I bet they'd be relieved I have decent feet! So what the heck.

My feet and calves were massaged, my heels were buffed, my cuticles were made perfect, my nails we clipped, my toes were painted. I even got a little flower on each of my big toes with a teeny rhinestone in the middle. It was kinda fun and I felt dang special.


BUT the moral of this story is that I'm not sure it was worth it, because not one, but two toddlers stepped on my perfectly beautiful right toe and ruined my pedicure design. The first toddler, who shall remain unnamed, just messed up the flower, but I was able to scoot the rhinestone back into place and it looked OK, but the second toddler, named Wesley, completely took the rhinestone off. Sigh. I mean, c'mon! I didn't even consider that I needed to protect myself. I want to show off my toes in flip flops! But I've realized active toddlers don't really care what your feet look like and if they want to walk there, they are going to, whether your feet are in the way or not.

So was it worth it, to achieve absolute feet gorgeousness for less than 24 hours? Not sure. I had fun and will probably do it again. But dang those kids, I am sad. Trying to be cool about it, but sad.

That's all for today. I wish for you all to have cute summer feet and no toddler-toe-stepping experiences.

6 comments:

Daddio said...

Cool ... gotta pamper yourself every now and then!

Rose said...

I never got any rhinestones stuck on when I had my pedicure done. I got my pedicure done at Gene Juarez and it lasted for weeks! :) THAT was worth it!

Those toes sure are cute though!

Daddio said...

Click here for some perspective on this!

Megan said...

I LOVE pedicures, and try to get one whenever I can (which isn't often). I think you've inspired me to get one before the summer is over!

angelalois said...

just cover your feet while it's still setting, or a dang toddler will walk all over you!! i love summer flip-floppy cute toes weather.

Christi said...

Oh Hunny!!! I can't believe it's taken you this long!!!