Saturday, March 17, 2012

baking green, with a cute helper

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I have not before done any cooking or baking projects with Wesley, but this week we needed something to do and he was all for it. It was a blast! He was a great helper. I love this cute kid.















The homemade frosting was DIVINE. It tasted SO GOOD and it was cool to know that we actually made it. Yay!

The Lucky Charms idea was so fun and came from Pinterest, of course. I will say, if you're going to do this at your house, you need to eat the cupcakes immediately, within a day. The cereal and marshmallows get soggy if they sit for too long. I'm not sure why, but it was gross. I actually scraped the toppings off and re-finished the cupcakes that we had around for a few days.

But overall, the cereal gives it an awesome crunch! I loved it!

I must also mention today is a BIG DAY in our house because it is Shane's birthday!! YAY! Happy birthday! We are celebrating by *gulp* going to a funeral and later Claim Jumper. I didn't buy him any gifts or make any cake (besides the aforementioned cupcakes, which were shared this week and are already gone). When we get into our new house, I told him he could get a Lazy Boy, so that is a great gift. Plus, um, he got a new car last month. Soooo I say he is all gifted out.

We love you Shane! Shamrock pancakes for breakfast anyone?

2 comments:

Rose said...

We kept breakfast pretty simple for St. Patrick's Day. Last night, I put three drops in the food coloring in the bottom of the cereal bowls and let it dry overnight. Then I dumped dry Lucky Charms over the top of it this morning before the kids could see the bottoms of the bowls. Then they sat at the table. When I dumped the milk over their Lucky Charms and they stirred it, their milk turned green! hahahaha

I've been thinking a lot about our friends recently. I hope the service went well. It's good to know they have so many family and friends surrounding them during this difficult time.

Leslie said...

Is he wearing a whit shirt? No mess? Angela, you're looking great!!