Thursday, March 15, 2012

laurel, 3 months

It's been three months since this sweetie pie entered our life. She's amazing! I was just holding her and visiting with a friend, and she just fell asleep in my arms like a peaceful angel. This is a low-maintenance kid! I am blessed.

We are SO IN LOVE with Laurel. She is absolutely wonderful. My favorite parts are the smiles, the coos, and the 6- to 8-hour stretches of sleep at night! She even falls asleep on her own sometimes, wow. Girlie is a ROCK STAR. She's still nursing like a champ, sporting gorgeous chubby little cheeks. I love to hear her talk; I think she surprises herself when she makes noises. It's adorable.

To prove to you how wonderful it is, here is a video:



We have a lot of trouble in the car. She is usually mild mannered and protests very briefly when she has a problem, but if we are in the car and she is the teeniest bit annoyed at something, she goes nuts. Not thrilled. Poor lady. When I had one kid, I'd pull over and nurse in the parking lot. Now that I have two, I just pray for green lights so I can get home quicker.... and she cries. It's a bummer. Managing the disparate schedules of both kids is the toughest part about being a mother of two. I'm not yet the multi-tasking champion I thought I was.

Wesley is pretty hands off. The one thing he has mastered is saying her name. His first attempts sounded more like "rural," but now he really says Laurel. He's a sweet big brother who is quick to give his baby sister a pacifier :-)

Dressing her in cutesy girl clothes is awesome. Train shirts and dinosaur sleepers are fun, but there is nothing like flowery onesies and denim jumpers (Tommy Hilfiger, to boot!). Plus the headbands, shoes, tights with ruffles on the butt... ooh baby. Having a daughter is wonderful.

I'm finding I'm not taking nearly as many pictures as I should be. Doh! Slipping already!! I must be better. I need to document all the cute clothes, if anything!

My cool friend Jayne gave me a terrific baby shower gift -- a set of 12 onesies with ladybugs on them. They are for Laurel's monthly pictures, and the count of ladybugs on the onesies match her age! So cute! So far we've just had a few photo shoots....







I can't decide if I should reshoot the 3-month pictures so it's a full body shot? I was thinking I wanted them all to look a little bit different, but maybe not? Thoughts? She's definitely filling out in her cheeks huh!? LOVE that girl! And her eyes are so wide.

I can't believe she is 3 months old already.... and I hear her! Better run and get her from the crib!

2 comments:

Rose said...

Aw, she's so adorable! That's neat that Wesley can say "Laurel." Our youngest daughter's name starts with an L, and our second youngest (a couple months older than Wesley) says her name, but she starts it with a "Y" sound. :)

Christi said...

Oh my goodness! She's starting to look just like Wesley!! Hee hee. She's adorable and growing so fast. Sorry to hear of car troubles. So many can relate. Can't wait to see you Friday!