Friday, October 10, 2008

posted too soon, again

FOLKS!! WE HAVE TEETH!

Yes, not just one, but TWO teeth.

Wesley is SUCH a trooper. He barely cried, although when we figured out what was going on I did race frantically at 9:30 at night to Safeway to buy baby Tylenol. Basically, we didn't even know what was happening until the tooth was already in. And he only needed one dose of Tylenol. What a big boy!

He got his bottom left tooth first (Monday). Then, a couple days later (yesterday), we were "showing off" for some friends, and we saw the other bottom tooth. They're both there!

In the process of all this, I feel more adept as a mother. Like I said before, he barely cried; he had two bouts of unexplained insane crying, and I just knew something was wrong. His cry was just different. Shane totally didn't believe me when I suggested it was teething, since he is only 4 months old. But then, Monday night, I decided to check and sure enough, there was a tiny pearly white.

The sad thing is, I love it love it love it when he sucks on my hand (it feels sooo funny), but he did it today and it um, hurt. So, my little Wesley has teeth now. I feel like he's all grown up. Like he's no longer a baby.

*sigh*

I've been trying all week to get a picture. He just doesn't like to have me hold his mouth open and point the camera at his face. I guess I'd be freaked out too if it was me.

4 comments:

Daddio said...

This is great news! Sounds like things are moving along nicely with the little tyke.

Now you'll have to train him not to bite when you are "feeding" him.

He might want a piece of meat with that milk, momma :)

Heidi said...

Yeah!! That is so exciting! He is a trooper going through so many changes all at the same time! It is so much fun watching their personalities take shape. When Sam was the Wes Mans age she would smile so big everytime her dad would say "bubbles"! I don't know why. Maybe she thought the face he was making while he said it was funny! I hope you have lots of moments like these.

Danielle said...

Wow - early teeth! Lucky you since biting can hurt umm... sensitive parts... Thankfully, Nathan didn't get his first tooth until almost 10 months so this wasn't too much of an issue for us. The little ones with mouths full of teeth do have cute little smiles. We still only have 6 teeth and 2 of those just came in last week.

Corey said...

Congrats Wesley on hitting so many milestones recently! You're so grown-up now! Hyrum was pretty early with teeth too, 5 months old. It's so cute to see little toothy grins. It took me a while to get a good photo of Jonah's first tooth, you'll just have to wait until it's showing a bit more. Don't let the teeth discourage your nursing. I still haven't weaned Jonah 100% and he's 14 months old now. I find that they don't really bite you when nursing unless they are full, bored or distracted. So as long as they are hungry they'll keep their mind on the job.

I hope everything continues to work out for your family as you balance your new work schedule. It's always hard when starting something new, but once you get a good routine down it should all go smoothly.

Take care!