Monday, October 6, 2008

posted too soon

Two more Wesley firsts:

  • First thumb-sucking. Yep, the little guy has discovered his thumb, and the fact that his thumb can be separated from the rest of his hands. He has loved to suck his hands for awhile, so I guess this is just a graduation per se. He's so dang cute.

  • First ROLL OVER. He rolled first from his back to tummy (which is the harder of the two rolls), then, just moments later, from his tummy to back. Unfortunately, I missed it!!! My first loss as I'm "back at work." Oddly enough, the roll overs happened in my very own living room, but I am doing a baby swap with a friend so we can both get in some solid blocks of part-time-at-home work, and she saw Wesley's acrobatics while I was in the back room slaving away! Shane and I am speculating that since her baby is 3 months older, and she was rolling over all morning, Wesley felt showed up and couldn't let her have all the rolling-over attention. Oh well, I'm still happy with the baby swap situation. Thanks Whimsy!
Ahh I love being a mama.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Just like a man isn't he!!! He just wanted to show who's house it was! He is so cute. He has had a lot of firsts lately. Isn't it exciting?

Whimsy said...

Ahhh! My pleasure!!!!! I can't wait until you add that OTHER first... (ahem).

Also I have to know if he's done the rollover for you guys yet. When Alice first turned over, she wouldn't do it for Chip for like, 3 DAYS and he was dying. I hope Wesley decides that he's going to let his parents in on his rolling secrets soon.

angelalois said...

yay whimsy! YES Wesley did roll over for me the next day (Tuesday) AND he rolled over for Shane today.... several times. We're so impressed. I found him in his crib once on his tummy as well, which suggests more rolling over. What a superstar. :-)

Marianne Hales Harding said...

Yeah! What a glorious baby :-) It's so exciting when they catch on to things!