Saturday, November 8, 2008

lovingly referred to as...

My most excellent post today features a number of Wesley's baby toys and the funny names we call them. I think my friends and I are particularly creative.


This first is what I call the Matrix Duck. Why? It reminds me of the Matrix and how Keanu Reeves and everyone else has funky wires coming out of their heads when they are "in the Matrix." I actually scoured the Internet looking for an image so you could see, but I only found icky disturbing ones. So yeah, it was a weird movie. And we have a weird-looking duck. I have a friend with a Matrix block... looks just like the duck, except it's a red cube.


Our next exhibit is courtesy Whimsy's creativity. I got a set of these cubed farm animals (perfect for singing Old MacDonald -- thanks JJ!), and they all make some kind of noise. The pig has always been my favorite since it's kind of a rattle. Well, Whimsy noticed the little balls were brown... so of course, she nicknamed this toy "Piggie Poo Pellets." And now everytime I play with my son I say, "Yay Wesley! Piggie Poo Pellets!"

More duckies. We love duckies. These are from Corey, YAY, and they are most fun. We have a blue, red, and pink duck.... the Sissy Duck, the Pissy Duck, and the Prissy Duck. Just to be clear, I didn't think of the names, they came in the package with those names. And sometimes when I get upset Shane likes to say, "Wesley! Mom is being a Pissy Duck!" So they're great names.

Our last installment for today are the Googly-Eyed Fish. We have a big one and two small ones. I just love to say "googly-eyed fish!" after which Wesley will get the eyeball right in his mouth and start chomping.

Ahhh baby stuff. Much laughter all around.

P.S. Many thanks to our product tester and model for today, Mr. Wesley!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

cute pictures! funny names!

Whimsy said...

I'm surprised that you didn't mention my name for the Matrix Duck: duck science experiment gone wrong! Disturbing Duck! (ha ha - just kidding, both Wesley and my Alice LOVE that duck so who am I to judge!)

Julie J said...

googly googly googly. That's my fav.

Corey said...

So glad to see that Wesley enjoys the ducks. I like the Pissy Duck the best too!