Tuesday, November 25, 2008

random stuff about me

Whimsy tagged me awhile ago to list seven random things about me. I've decided my "angle" will be "seven random things that happened to me this year."

So here goes. I'll even do it by months.
  1. January: We got a new car (which I've talked about before). The sad thing is, we haven't named it yet. I can't decide if I want to name it, or if I shouldn't name it so I don't get too attached. My last car, En Fuego, was a red Suzuki Swift and when we sold him, I cried. We even sold him to family members so it would be easier for me. Although when I heard they knocked one of his side mirrors off (by accident of course), I wanted to walk 200 miles to rescue him. So should I name my new car? It's a "newport blue pearl" Subaru Impreza. I've considered "blue ice" or "Subarupert" (I had a friend who named her Subaru "Subaruby," but I think my car is a boy). Any ideas?

  2. ~March: Once I was on the bus and looked at the window and saw a guy reading one of my very favorite books. He was reading Book 1 in a "fantasy" series that isn't very common, but my aunt named her son after the hero and she introduced me to the books. I wanted to like, bang on the window so he'd look up so I could give him a thumbs up or something. But I didn't. But isn't that interesting? If I had been outside of the bus I totally would have talked to him.

  3. ~April: I used to be an avid follower of the original CSI series. I've seen almost every episode. Sometimes I see things in the news and say, "that was a CSI episode." I was/am a purist -- meaning I only like CSI: Las Vegas, not Miami or New York (bleh!). But, I just don't have the time anymore. Plus, The Office is on during the same time slot, and we got rid of cable so we can't videotape one channel while watching another. Sadly, I've moved on. My folks still keep me updated on the plots. I miss it, I do.

  4. June: I recently achieved more than 50 feedbacks on my eBay profile. I mostly buy stuff. My best score was a complete Clue Master Detective, which is ultra fun if you haven't played it before. My sales average 99 cents or something.

  5. August: I got pulled over just outside our condo this summer. Boo hoo. I think the only reason the police officer let me off with a warning is because I was so close to home. Drive the speed limit, folks. I am trying to be better.

  6. September: I've considered brushing up on my French from high school since I'd love to volunteer for the 2010 Olympic Games in Vancouver, BC. I think English/French is the "official language." I volunteered for the Salt Lake games and would love it do it again. I took 5 years of French in school, the first in middle school (8th grade) and all the way up to my senior year. Plus I went to France. The language isn't as "useful" per se as Spanish (in the United States), but I like it. In fact, I've tried to learn German and most recently Spanish by plastering words and phrases around the house and renting CDs and DVDs from the library, but each time I'm trying to speak and don't know a word I just insert a French word into the conversation. So I might as well stick to what I already know.

  7. November: My first email address was @juno.com, which in the days of dial-up, downloaded all my emails to software on my computer so I could read and compose emails offline. As we've upgraded computers over the years I've tried to carefully put all the Juno stuff in a folder and move it from PC to PC. The other day I opened the software and tried to read some old emails, and I couldn't. Something somewhere went awry with the software. I am so so bummed. When me and Shanester were dating, he wrote me cutesy love emails to my juno account. All those love notes are lost. Anyone who is a genius with computers, please help. I love my love notes.

There's seven. I win.

4 comments:

KG said...

well, i'm alwasy looking for good books to read, so i'm going to check that series out. then maybe if you see me on the side of the road, you can totally talk to me. :)

Brad said...

Im a genius with computers...how can I help?

Marianne Hales Harding said...

Hope you can get someone to fix your Juno stuff. I printed out the emails from when Mike and I were dating (long distance) and it ended up being a 4 or 5 inch thick book. Seriously! I wonder where that is.....

Whimsy said...

Wow - look at you! Law breaker! Fantasy book reader! Juno account haver! French speaker!

Love the format.