Saturday, October 17, 2009

pet peeve of the day

Today's pet peeve:

Since I'm trying to be a sensible, healthy woman, I make an exciting large dinner (or buy an exciting large pepperoni pizza), and then I limit my portion sizes, but sit there and watch my other table-mates, who shall remain nameless but can probably be guessed, eat lots and lots and lots. Then, before I even have a chance to enjoy the leftovers the next day (if there are any), said table-mate has already eaten them! Are. You. Kidding. Me? It's really not fair.

And, just for kicks, my all-time pet peeve:

I dislike it much when people geographically refer to their intended destinations incorrectly. If you are in Washington, you go down to Arizona. If you are in Utah, you go up to Idaho. If you are in Maryland, you go down to Florida. For lateral moves, I prefer to use "over to" instead of "up" or "down." One could argue geographic elevation changes constitute an "up" instead of a "down," but I'd argue otherwise.

Now, I need to go drink some positivity-juice or something so I don't turn into a 100% class-act complainer. I just really wanted that leftover pizza, is all. sigh

2 comments:

Marianne Hales Harding said...

YES! That really drives me crazy. I hate it when certain unnamed people who live in St George but not in my actual house talk about going "down" to Provo. Down to Provo! Aaaargh! Grounds for divorce right there.

Megan said...

Ha! I have the geographic pet peeve as well. Glad to know I have a kindred spirit out there!