Thursday, August 9, 2012

big news

Lots of members of our family have big news to share. Here we go:

Wesley:  We went on vacation last week, and as such, did not bring the little potty with us. All potty-going occurred in the BIG potty, which is exciting news. Luckily, the vacation experience has translated to the home experience, and all current business is being done in the toilet. YAY. In related news, Wesley plugged up the toilet for the first time! You go, little man! We call it "making the potty mad." I find this all very hilarious.

Laurel: Little lady had her first airplane ride. She is definitely different than her brother, sigh. When Wesley was a baby and we flew to Hawaii, he slept for 3/4 of the flight. On our flight back from Utah -- from 8 to 9:30 at night on Monday -- Laurel was up the whole time. Why did girlfriend not sleep? It was after her bedtime for crying out loud! She's such a busy body. Her second big news is that we are getting some forward motion! She is lifting herself up on her knees and hurling her whole body forward. Shane is getting serious about babyproofing. Gosh I love her.

Shane: Shane got a new job! YAY! He is still at Boeing, but he will be in a different group. He'll be doing actual engineering (specifically, stress analysis) instead of project management, and he is so dang excited. I am excited too. Since it's a new group, he actually moves down a level in seniority (boo), which also has an associated pay decrease (double boo). It's not too bad, we'll be OK, and it's worth it for the experiences of the new position. He now must work with his current manager to set a start date, definitely within 30 days.

Me: Hmm, well I guess nothing is new with me. I am starting Operation Take Back My House, Second Edition, and so far I have tackled the floors downstairs, master bedroom, bathroom sinks, etc. Included in this edition we will be deep-cleaning the kitchen. The most difficult task here will be organizing the plastic leftovers containers cabinet. Oh, I got a calling at my new ward. Cub Committee Chair. I am thrilled. I have exactly two meetings a month and that's it. God knows I am stressed to the max and can handle nothing more. Thanks to the Man Upstairs.

The house continues to be a money pit. I love this house, I love it so darn much. I love it. But golly, why do things keep going wrong? Our biggest issues right now are plumbing, little water leaks we're noticing. Eek. We need to readjust our budget and I'm afraid we will have to give up eating out to pay for all the things that are going wrong here. Sigh.

We took a trip to Utah, I will blog about soon. Love my family.

P.S. No chicken pox!

What's your big news?

No comments: