Sunday, March 30, 2008

and i thought "spring" and "snow" were opposites

The story I am about to tell you is true.

A couple years ago, a really great employee of our company quit. He and his wife and kids moved to Montana. We could understand why: get a big house, enjoy less gray, have the small-town feel. We were sad to see him go, since he really was a hard worker.

Well, we got an email from him just recently, and they are moving back to Seattle (and back to the company, thankfully). Yay! I heard the main reasons include that his wife and kids missed the big city, and that his wife missed the great Northwest spring. He followed that with, "we got another inch of snow yesterday." In Montana, it makes sense.

Well buddy, I hate to break it to you, but it's not quite spring here yet either. This is what was outside my window this morning:


Yes friends, that is snow. It's been snowing all weekend. In fact, it snowed Thursday night and I thought I might have a snow day Friday from work.

The other funny thing is, I have this awesome set of snowman plates I like to dig out around Christmastime and invite people over and show them off. I have a matching gravy boat, a pitcher, salt and pepper shakers, plus plates, bowls, etc. I forgot to get them out this year (just too busy). I told Shane, ha ha, I could get them out today! And they'd be perfectly "in season!"

To add flavor to the fun, Friday night I was out with the Young Women from Church, and we stopped by Dairy Queen and got Blizzards. I got a caramel and chocolate Cheesequake. Yes, it was absolutely fabulous. But, I was freezing to the bone. Why in the world did I get ice cream?

I guess there's always room for ice cream. Or snow.

4 comments:

Daddio said...

I've got this neat video about a snowman, made circa 1982. You want to borrow it now? LOL

Marianne Hales Harding said...

What is up with the snow this year? They are having all sorts of snow up north here in Utah too (we were plagued with just one day of cold rain. I know you feel such pity for me.)

Kurt said...

Yesterday no joke, it was snowing LIKE mad here in Colorado Springs. In the middle of the school day! Of course, by the end of the day it was all melted and you couldn't even tell it had snowed in the first place. We're supposed to get a 'winter storm' later this week. Is it really April or what?

Alycia said...

I agree about the ice cream, but I'm not sure about the snow. :) Hopefully it will warm up soon. Thanks for sending me the link to your blog!