Monday, March 31, 2008

and the verdict is...

I thought you guys might want to know the end result of my "mascot vs. mascot" NCAA tournament brackets.

I was doing pretty well after Round 1. I "predicted" (if you can call it that) a couple upsets: #13 San Diego Toreros (bullfighters!) over the #4 UConn Huskies and the #11 Kansas State Wildcats over the #6 USC Trojans (wimpy guys in loincloths!). Overall, I got 17 out of 32 correct -- batting better than .500 (to mix my sports analogies).

Unfortunately, my luck ran out there.

In Round 2, I only got 4 right. In Round 3, I only got 1 right. At least I have UCLA in the Final Four. But, since I don't have UCLA winning, it's over for me. Overall, I got 23 of 61 possible correct "predictions."

This season is pretty lame. Did you notice all the #1 teams are the four Final Four teams? Boo! Where's the magic?

Anyway, I really was rooting for those Hurricanes, but they let me down in the Sweet Sixteen round. At least, after all this, I can enlighten people about what a Tar Heel is. (See below if you missed it!)

No comments: