Wednesday, March 5, 2008

life lessons, installment 1?

Thought I'd share some lessons I've learned. Feel free to comment and add your own.

  • Tuesdays are the busiest day at the gym at 6 a.m. in the morning. Everyone who slept in on Monday feels guilty and wants to get their week started right with exercise. So they come on Tuesday. Sometimes Wednesday is just as busy, but by Friday it's dead. Friday is the best day to try to get a lane in the pool.
  • No matter how prepared I think I am, people's birthdays will always creep up on me. Did I make them brownies? Send a card? Remember to call? Maybe half the time.
  • As soon as I put my headphones in at work, someone will call or my boss will call my name and I won't hear her. Then she'll feel stupid and I'll kind of look stupid, too.
  • If I think I'm running late, I can run to the end of my condo complex's driveway and look down the street, and I can see if the bus is coming. If I see it, I high-tail it to the bus stop. If not, I've got time.
  • If I check my Facebook page on my lunch break, an hour will fly by.
  • If I bring up the subject of baby boy names, my husband will suggest a rock star, either dead or living (e.g., Ozzy Osbourne, Bob Marley, etc.) before considering anything else.
  • If I drink a glass of milk before dinner, I don't eat so much and feel fuller, yet better about myself. I guess rules like this go out the window when one is pregnant.
  • If I nuke my lunch at work for 2 minutes, I've got time to run to the bathroom and get back before it's done and the next person in line is glaring at me for hogging the microwave.
  • If the hub runs out of La Victoria HOT salsa, it won't be on sale. When I finally have a stash of 3 jars in storage, it'll be a fabulous price and I'll need to buy 3 more.

That's all for now. Happy life lessons to you all!

4 comments:

Daddio said...

Are you ready for certain birthdays this week? Brownies sound yummy!! LOL

So tell me, what kind of "headphones" are you using at work? Ones that connect you to the phone, or iPod?

Rose said...

Good life lessons! I'm not sure I have any that I can think of right now...

That one about the gym is interesting. I'll have to remember that. :)

angelalois said...

I listen to Internet radio at work :-) and sometimes my iPod! But yeah, always feel pretty stupid when the boss is calling my name from her desk (across the cubicle wall) and I can't hear. Such is life.

momnmb said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! You have great birthday cards and I'm trying to be more like YOU!