Monday, March 17, 2008

st. paddy's yay!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

For the last 6 years, I’ve loved St. Patrick’s Day? Why?

Happy Birthday Shanester!!!

What a fun fun fun day to have a birthday. So, it’s a great day. My plan so far (and assorted commentary):

Food

I made him cupcakes to take to work. In years’ past I’ve made brownies with green cream cheese marble swirls and last year I made frosted shamrock sugar cookies.


I think when we were newlyweds (awww) I made green eggs and ham. It was such fun! He said in his foggy recollection of birthdays’ past, he only thinks one person has made green eggs and ham for him, and that was one of his mission companions! Well, I’m his eternal companion (for better or worse) so I did, too, and it was awesome! This morning he just had cereal. Sorry ‘bout that, babe.

Then today, we’re going out to dinner. Macaroni Grill! I have a coupon. It seems like we never go anywhere unless I have a coupon. Unless it’s the La Palmera because that place is already pretty cheap and SO GOOD. (Plus they have palm tree Christmas lights. How cool is that?)

Presents

Then, we have presents. I finally bought them all on Saturday. Let’s just say most of the presents I bought him also make my life easier. Isn’t that how men usually do it? Buy their wives vacuum cleaners and table saws? (Or we could talk about my brother who bought our mother a toilet bowl brush from the Dollar Tree for Christmas one year…) Well, I guess we’re just practical in the Gottula home.

Goofy Card

I didn’t get the goofy card done. I think I’ll write him a goofy e-mail. Maybe make a goofy e-card or something.

So basically, birthdays are awesome. Especially on St. Patrick’s Day when you’re married to ME!

And now, to take this opportunity to reflect on how awesome the O’Husband is and celebrate:

  • I love it how he makes me laugh, either with his funny demeanor or his escapades tormenting the cat or his brilliant social commentary

  • I’m so grateful we have the “cooks don’t clean” rule in our home, because of his dedication

  • I appreciate how hard he works, even when it isn’t always fun

  • I’m so glad he is so patient with lil ole imperfect me

OK enough with the sappiness. Happy Green Day everyone!

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Shane is lucky to have such an awesome woman... especially when she is willing to whip up a batch of festive cupcakes, swirly brownies or green eggs & ham to celebrate his big day in style! Hope you guys had a fabulous time at the Grill!

Rose said...

Oh those cupcakes look GOOD... what a lucky guy!

Stacey said...

What a lucky husband you have! He's treated like royalty just because his birthday also falls on a festive holiday. And his coworkers are pretty lucky too.

angelalois said...

thanks guys!! it's such a festive day to have a birthday! yay!

Heidi said...

I agree--Shane has an awesome wife! :)