Wednesday, December 12, 2012

birthday celebration, take 1

We're blogging live here at the Seattle Gottulas for a very special day.... yes it's 12/12/12, but it's my BABY'S FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!

Awesome.



8 AM: I wake up after a phone call from Shane. Yes I was still sleeping, honey. You've been at work how many hours already? OK.

8:15 AM: Wesley wakes up. I remind him it's Laurel's birthday so we need to be extra nice to her.

8:30 AM: Laurel wakes up! I sing her Happy Birthday, to which Wesley tells me it's not time.We get her in her 12-month ladybugs. Wesley starts begging for waffles for breakfast; I say I want to take pictures.

Weather check: Dreary.

8:45 AM: Photo shoot isn't going well. She's too active and there are too many ladybugs. Wesley is very distracting. We have a baby toy with blocks numbered 1-5, and he starts giving them out according to age. I get the 3 and the 2, he gets the 4, Laurel gets the 1. (He's very good at this birthday-increases-our-age concept.) We talk about all our 5-year-old friends who we should invite over so they have have the 5. He demands Laurel keep the 1 with her at all times.

9:08 AM: First birthday poop.

9:11 AM: I finally give in and give Wesley waffles.

9:25 AM: Breakfast for Laurel. Her favorites: toast with cream cheese, raspberries, and yogurt. I don't know if I can top this meal!



9:30 AM: I get a call that my visiting teachee had a baby this morning!! Not only is it Laurel's birthday, it's also 12/12/12! How cool is that!

Weather check: Pouring rain.

9:49 AM: Second birthday poop. First clothes change of the day. Raspberry stains all over the 12-month-ladybugs. I start a load of OxiClean wash.

9:55: Laurel assaults the Christmas tree. Pulls down an ornament, or two.



10:07 AM: Third birthday poop. (WOW!)

More later.

No comments: