Tuesday, December 25, 2012

christmas, part 3

We are snacking on Trader Joe's treats from Santa, cookies from last night, Doritoes, puppy chow, mint M&Ms, etc.

3 PM: I've probably already assumed my allotment of calories for the day.

3:05 PM: I start putting things away. I stick things in kitchen cabinets. Load the dishwasher. Make a pile of things to be washed.

4 PM: Turkish game hens in the oven. Working on dinner.

4:30 PM: Second Christmas poop (Laurel). First Christmas pee accident (Wesley).  (Looks like I can start that load of post-Christmas wash.)

4:35 PM: The new batteries in the new train are dead. Wesley begs for more batteries. We tell him his train needs to "take a break."

4:36 PM: First complete Christmas meltdown.

It's been an awesome day. Dinner should be done in 45 minutes. Then bedtime. THEN my book? (For any and all inquiring minds, we are reading Pride & Prejudice. I thought I'd HATE IT, but I'm totally into it. I've got about 100 pages to go. I can't even BELIEVE that I like it. But I do.)

No comments: