Tuesday, December 25, 2012

christmas, part 2

Let the present-opening begin.

11 AM: Laurel goes down for her first nap. Mom, Dad, and Wesley begin opening presents.

11:05 AM: Laurel is not going to sleep and is screaming at the top of her lungs. I go get her so she can join in the festivities.

11:10 AM: We notice it's snowing a little bit.


11:15 AM: Wesley declares he is all done opening presents and refuses to open any others. He wants to play with what he has. (Is this a good problem? Who knows. We've had this issue for past 2 years. Two years ago, in the condo, we had a pile of presents that sat in the corner even after the tree was taken down. He finally unwrapped them all 7 days later.)







12:20 PM: Laurel is a pro at unwrapping presents. We get this:


Gifts are lovely. We really um, went a little too crazy. I don't feel like I spent a lot of money, but there are LOTS of things to play with now. A HUGE box of new (used) books. Awesome stuff for my kitchen (a 6-in-1 bowl!!). Two new pairs of lounge pants for Shane. Laurel got a girlie purse, pink sippy cups, and Disney Princess Little People. Wesley got a Cars beanbag (handmade by me!), and um, that's about it for now.

12:45 PM: Laurel is finally ready for a nap. There are still 8 presents for Wesley under the tree.

1 PM: I start working on dinner. Pumpkin roll -- in the oven!

1:45 PM: Wesley's bored. Everything is on hold while I entertain him so he doesn't destroy all his new toys.

2:30 PM: Shane to the rescue. We set up the card table and put the new train tracks on it. Awesome.

All I want to do is read my book. Hmmmm..... I also still haven't had a shower. It's a wonderful day!

No comments: